Saké Comments
Insurance and pricing - Printable Version

+- Saké Comments (http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/discussion)
+-- Forum: TRANSFORMERS (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Transformers Discussions (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Insurance and pricing (/thread-1306.html)

Insurance and pricing - Smellyferret - 10-14-2010 09:31 PM

Its house insurance time again and I'm pricing up replacement costs for the TF's (I'm expecting several thousand!! :o )

I need some help pricing some of the rarer and harder to get TF's I have - can anyone help please?

G2 Orange Devastator (complete with cards) (I'm guessing £150 ?)
G1 minispies - I have 11, are any rarer than others? (£7.50 each?)
Diaclone Kickback, loose complete (£50?)
Kissplayer sparkbots, boxed but open (no idea, it took me 3 years to find! £100?)
Test-shot aveo swerve (does £75 sound too much?)
Black G1 keyrings (£25 each?)

These are obviously 'If I had to replace' prices.

Cheers!

Re: Insurance and pricing - Phill - 10-15-2010 05:38 AM

For the prototype you CAN'T just place a value on it.

For something like that you actually need a written evaluation from an expert. Otherwise the insurance company will just value it the same as a regular one.

My insurance comapny has been told where to look for my full list (SHMAX), and the rarer figures have seperate valuations from a nearby vintage toy shop, although most of those are based on EBay values.

Given that Ghosty has his own shop it would be a good side-business for him to do. Couple of quid for a letter with a valuation on it.

Re: Insurance and pricing - Starscreams_Ghost - 10-15-2010 03:17 PM

Yeah I could do that for you

Insurance is an absolute PITA when it comes to valuation

Re: Insurance and pricing - Smellyferret - 10-15-2010 05:11 PM

Was in the brokers today and they have said I'm covered so long as no single item goes over £1500 (I think my ehobby minibots are the most expensive at £200ish so no problems there) and that I make sure the total amount covered covers them and the the house contents..
I made sure they called the actual insurance company and checked too.

I do need to save pictures somewhere though.. So I'll definitly have to update the collection thread with better pics!