Saké Comments
Sprouts - Printable Version

+- Saké Comments (http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/discussion)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Sprouts (/thread-1504.html)

Pages: 1 2

Sprouts - grizzley8u - 12-19-2010 09:43 PM

It's Christmas and it's the time of year when usually someone tries to make you eat sprouts. Now I'm a bit of a masochist and I bought some (I cook my own meals) and I have found a way where they are actually quite nice. Instead of boiling them to within an inch of their life so all they are is a tasteless blob of yuchk. May I suggest cutting them in half and adding them to a nice stir fry completely edible and no overcooked gloop anywhere, just lightly browned. Try it..

This was a public service announcement on behalf of the please don't serve overcooked sprouts and then expect me to eat them society.

Re: Sprouts - KingGrimlock - 12-19-2010 10:37 PM

Make sure you cross the bottoms. Then through them in boiling water with a touch of salt for about 2 minutes. Stick them straight into cold water after that. Fry off some salty bacon in small pieces until all the fat has been burnt off. Melt a decent amount of butter in a pan, through in some raw chestnuts and cook for a minute or two before adding the sprouts. Keep them moving in the pan until the sprouts are warmed through before tossing in the bacon and giving another minute to finish off.

Re: Sprouts - Phill - 12-20-2010 04:03 PM

You don't have to cross the bottoms on modern sprouts. In fact doing that may lead to overcooking.

Re: Sprouts - KingGrimlock - 12-20-2010 04:48 PM

Fully agree if you are just boiling them, but if you're only flashing them then you need to to be able to get the heat in quick enough.

Re: Sprouts - quartz - 12-20-2010 06:42 PM

I'm still not keen on the damn things

Re: Sprouts - grizzley8u - 12-20-2010 07:33 PM

no just cut them in half and fry them quit your faffing and slap them in the pan with some oil. Honestly you try and make things simple and all they want to do is complicate matters.

Re: Sprouts - minion - 12-20-2010 09:00 PM

Sprouts rule. Fact.

Re: Sprouts - GALVY - 12-21-2010 10:15 PM

sprouts.

Wipe them out. All of them.

horrid little things. yuk!!!!

Re: Sprouts - rockimus prime - 01-01-2011 02:45 PM

GALVY Wrote:sprouts.

Wipe them out. All of them.

horrid little things. yuk!!!!

indeed, i agree, my dad had a lot of them on christmas day, and it was like a bomb ready to blow.

Re: Sprouts - thelastallosaur - 01-01-2011 10:00 PM

I don't eat sprouts. But then I don't eat any vegetables. I'm just fussy like that.

Re: Sprouts - Heavyassault360 - 01-03-2011 10:56 PM

We talking bout bean sprouts?The ones we......ppl put on sandwiches?The ones that are sometimes........I like sprouts uncooked.

Re: Sprouts - Phill - 01-04-2011 03:20 PM

Heavyassault360 Wrote:We talking bout bean sprouts?The ones we......ppl put on sandwiches?The ones that are sometimes........I like sprouts uncooked.

Naw Brussell Sprouts (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brussels_sprout">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brussels_sprout</a><!-- m -->).

They're essentially baby cabbages.

Re: Sprouts - Heavyassault360 - 01-05-2011 02:12 PM

I love them!Lust makes kickazz sprouts.Give you awesome gas. :lol:

Re: Sprouts - Gruff - 01-08-2011 02:57 PM

I hate anything green, Sprouts, Cabbage, Celtic, Plymouth Argyle, Cosmos, Runner Beans. Nasty things lol

Re: Sprouts - Heavyassault360 - 01-08-2011 06:01 PM

Never heard of Celtic, Plymouth Argyle, Cosmos, Runner Beans.Wait.....Cosmos!?The lil green flying saucer tf guy?What he do to you.You didnt try eating him?