Saké Comments
Message Board change - Printable Version

+- Saké Comments (http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/discussion)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Message Board change (/thread-1952.html)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Message Board change - quartz - 05-18-2011 01:18 PM

I'm talking to Paramount at the moment to see if there is any chance of some tie-in promotion through the site again that could kick start a Dark of the Moon theme

Re: Message Board change - Sunstreaker - 05-23-2011 06:36 AM

WE NEED SOME MODS TO TARGET THE SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Anyone about to clean up the advertising?

Re: Message Board change - Phill - 05-23-2011 07:51 AM

It's been done.

Phill

Re: Message Board change - Sunstreaker - 05-23-2011 06:14 PM

Phill Wrote:It's been done.

Phill

Protectin' and Servin' Phill! That's why you're our hero!

Re: Message Board change - quartz - 05-23-2011 07:01 PM

Thanks Phill.

I've just imported the current board into the new one. I need to re-skin it as its using a generic template at the moment but everything went in okay except the private messages which it doesn't seem to be able to import, so when I run it again wehen V9 is ready everyone will loose those (sorry, I'm too busy to write a migration script myself at the moment).

The new board is more lightweight but I prefer the interface already compared to PHPBB

Re: Message Board change - KingGrimlock - 05-24-2011 01:23 PM

What's happened to the 'in the news' link on the front page? Just brings you back to the front page now.

Re: Message Board change - quartz - 05-24-2011 04:24 PM

That probably means I've broken it during some of my recent updates and hacking around with the backend stuff. I'll take a look when I get in later tonight

Re: Message Board change - quartz - 05-25-2011 07:47 PM

Yeah its broken. I got back from work late last night and am only just in now so I'm not likely to track down the cause tonight as I made a lot of changes before in preparation of the move. It'll be back in the next few days though