Saké Comments
What was the latest film your saw - Printable Version

+- Saké Comments (http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/discussion)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: What was the latest film your saw (/thread-720.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Re: What was the latest film your saw - Sunstreaker - 08-17-2008 09:52 AM

Watched both parts of Grindhouse - Planet Terror and Deathproof, and both films were great!

Prefered Planet Terror... for obvious zombie based reasons...

Re: What was the latest film your saw - Devil Soundwave - 08-17-2008 11:30 AM

Finally watched Batman Begins last night(so now I can see the Dark Knight).

The film was excellent, but they spoiled it in a few places. They went to a lot of trouble to (kinda) make it seem as realistic as posinle, so the viewer would gave a sense of "I could do that", then they ruin it by having Batman call in a horde of bats to Arkham asylum as "back-up". How as he supposed to have done that exactly?!

The bit where he pulls the ba cop up on a wire and talks to him whilst he's upside down is a bit over-cooked too - his bat-voice was too hammy and what was with the "Mr Angry" face?!

Lastly, whilst it was just a bit-part, I was disappointed that Zsasz was just a dude. He totally should have been covered in scars of 4 lines with one through the middle (like a score, can't remember the correct word).

Anyway, despite all that, it was well done and thoroughly enjoyable despite the fact they where silly enough to cast Michael Caine (who only has one character - Michael Caine), and I was most leasantly surprised by the use of teh Scarecrow- easily my favourite bat-villain.

Re: What was the latest film your saw - KingGrimlock - 08-18-2008 11:52 AM

The Prestige, very good if a little.... crap at the end....

Re: What was the latest film your saw - rockimus prime - 08-24-2008 04:03 PM

had to watch the first hellboy first to understand but hellboy 2 the golden army was awesome

Re: What was the latest film your saw - herschell - 09-21-2008 03:40 PM

I think it was Clone Wars though I've seen the end of Disaster Movie, that comonly happens in my job that I end up seeing the end of films because of having to clean the mess up when everybody has left the screen

Re: What was the latest film your saw - rockimus prime - 09-21-2008 06:18 PM

herschell Wrote:I think it was Clone Wars though I've seen the end of Disaster Movie, that comonly happens in my job that I end up seeing the end of films because of having to clean the mess up when everybody has left the screen

was clone wars good? i never saw it

Re: What was the latest film your saw - herschell - 09-21-2008 07:32 PM

rockimus prime Wrote:
herschell Wrote:I think it was Clone Wars though I've seen the end of Disaster Movie, that comonly happens in my job that I end up seeing the end of films because of having to clean the mess up when everybody has left the screen

was clone wars good? i never saw it

I liked it though it won't be to everybodies taste even some Star wars fans

Re: What was the latest film your saw - quartz - 09-22-2008 02:36 PM

Last film I saw was Tropic Thunder, before that Pineapple Express, before that Step Brothers. So a bit of a comedy season. I enjoyed all of them, the last two more than I thought I would, especially Pineapple Express

Re: What was the latest film your saw - minion - 09-25-2008 10:28 PM

I didn't go and see Tropic Thunder, Tropic Thunder saw me!

Re: What was the latest film your saw - herschell - 09-27-2008 04:29 PM

I saw Disaster Movie yesterday, really enjoyed it, much better than Meet The Spartans, I'm not going to see Tropic Thunder because of what I read about it and how it uses the word "retard" to describe certain type of people

Re: What was the latest film your saw - Toymachine - 09-27-2008 04:55 PM

Death Race, which was actually a bit better than I was expecting it to be and Rightous Kill, which was quite poor for a Deniro and Pacino movie.

Re: What was the latest film your saw - Sonny - 09-28-2008 11:08 PM

Saw tropic thunder on friday, i havnt laughed so much in ages! Its the best action comedy since Hot Fuzz. Must see!

Re: What was the latest film your saw - Sonny - 09-28-2008 11:10 PM

herschell Wrote:I saw Disaster Movie yesterday, really enjoyed it, much better than Meet The Spartans, I'm not going to see Tropic Thunder because of what I read about it and how it uses the word "retard" to describe certain type of people

Thats a bit of a silly reason not to watch a movie. Disaster movie is more insulting, just because its so damned bad.

Re: What was the latest film your saw - Brawn - 09-30-2008 11:14 AM

KingGrimlock Wrote:Just saw Wall-e... if you haven't seen it go. It's hilarious and beautifully animated, a real quality film. Just try to skip all the negative subplots of monopolisation and over relience on technology (irony :roll: ) and you'll have a blast.

WALL-E is fantastic, I dont mind the subplots too, the opening scenes are great.

Re: What was the latest film your saw - Sonny - 09-30-2008 08:47 PM

Just got back from Death Race. I really really enjoyed it! Its like Mad Max 2 on steroids!