Saké Comments
OTHER TOYS :: BRAGGING THREAD! - Printable Version

+- Saké Comments (http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/discussion)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: OTHER TOYS :: BRAGGING THREAD! (/thread-729.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Re: OTHER TOYS :: BRAGGING THREAD! - minion - 12-03-2009 02:51 PM

Spider-man 'Universe' Venom & super poseable Spider-man
Super Hero Squad Avalanche & Beast
Super Hero Squad 4 pack with Wrecker, Cap, Hawkeye & Spider-man.

Re: OTHER TOYS :: BRAGGING THREAD! - minion - 12-05-2009 07:13 PM

Sideshow Toys Cobra Commander

This is one amazing toy, and for the tasty price point of £35 I can;t complain, hell i'd have been impressed if i'd dropped the regular price of £60-100ish.
The packaging is as amazing as i've come to expect from Sideshow. Like with the Star Wars boxes, this opens up like a book and has the figure on one side and the accessories on the left. It wasn;t until i opened the packaging up that I noticed the small touches like the backing inserts were the same 'explosions' as with the original Joe figures cards.
The figure itself is lovely, with great articulation, and excellent fabric used for the uniform and leather over coat. The hood being sculpted was ok, but for some reason I can;t help but wonder how amazing a proper cloth hood would have looked. It's still great though.
It is the accessories that really stand out though. The figure comes with 3 very cool guns -
An MP7, removable silencer and 3 ammo clips. The shoulder but extends on this.
A pistol with sculpted on silencer.
The best one is the third pistol though, which has a removable clip and an actual working slider which reveals a round in the chamber.
On top of this you get pouches on the uniform for all spare clips, as well as his knife (with the cobra logo engaved in the handle), holster for the pistol, three pairs of gloved hands, and the standard Sideshow base with the cobra logo on it.

I've got my Cobra Commander holding one pistol looking disarmingly, but with the MP-7 hidden behind his back. This looks even better in my mirrored cabinet where you can see it in the reflection. I'll try and take some pictures this weekend.

Re: OTHER TOYS :: BRAGGING THREAD! - Sunstreaker - 12-06-2009 03:27 PM

One, lone, single solitary Ice-Viper...

Re: OTHER TOYS :: BRAGGING THREAD! - minion - 12-13-2009 05:54 PM

Preview Big Daddy from the Bioshock 2 Neca line. Really awesome 'big' toy.
I would have paid extra for some a light up helmet though, but you can't have everything. I'll definitely be looking out foer the rest of the Bioshock 2 figures when they come out.

Re: OTHER TOYS :: BRAGGING THREAD! - Sunstreaker - 12-13-2009 06:37 PM

Crimson Hydra Jet
Sainsburys exclusive GI Joe 3 pack

Also got the DVD as well! Having a bit of a Joe weekend...

Re: OTHER TOYS :: BRAGGING THREAD! - minion - 12-18-2009 11:18 AM

Masters of the Universe Classics - Scareglow! Who doesn't love a glow in the dark skeleton?

Re: OTHER TOYS :: BRAGGING THREAD! - Starscreams_Ghost - 12-20-2009 11:59 PM

cobra eel
3x elite viper
2x crimson viper
2x ice viper

4quid each luvverly

Re: OTHER TOYS :: BRAGGING THREAD! - Sunstreaker - 12-21-2009 12:06 AM

Where you pick them up Ghosty?

Re: OTHER TOYS :: BRAGGING THREAD! - Starscreams_Ghost - 12-21-2009 09:11 AM

fenwicks

local-ish toy shop

I cleared the shelves of troop builders Big Grin Big Grin

Re: OTHER TOYS :: BRAGGING THREAD! - Sunstreaker - 12-21-2009 01:02 PM

And so you should!

More interested as it means waves 5 & 6 have hit UK shelves... aside from Forbidden Planet...

Re: OTHER TOYS :: BRAGGING THREAD! - Sunstreaker - 12-22-2009 09:27 PM

Hey Wave 5's out!

Picked up;

Flash
Eel
2x Pit Commandos
2x Elite Vipers
Crimson Viper

Re: OTHER TOYS :: BRAGGING THREAD! - thelastallosaur - 12-31-2009 02:22 PM

So yeah, bandwagons and all that...picked up ROC Destro and Baroness from Sainsbury's this morning. At £1.99 each I really didn't have a choice. Wouldn't get your hopes up for cheap new figures though, as far as I could tell there was only first wave stuff there and the pricedrop probably means they're trying to clear them out.
The figures themselves are pretty cool, a refreshing break from transformers, though I have no intention of collecting these things proper, bought them more out of curiosity than anything else.

Re: OTHER TOYS :: BRAGGING THREAD! - Starscreams_Ghost - 01-04-2010 09:23 AM

Night Raven
Ice Dagger
Steel Crusher
Ice-Viper
Blob/Sabretooth universe/origins 2 pack

Re: OTHER TOYS :: BRAGGING THREAD! - minion - 01-05-2010 11:29 AM

Some Xmas Presents:
NYCC Marvel Icons Venom Bust
Neca Dead Space Isaac Clarke figure
Disney Vinylmation Mike Wazoski
Jap Squirtle collectable figure MISB

Plus as a present to myself - Dr Ball!

Re: OTHER TOYS :: BRAGGING THREAD! - quartz - 01-14-2010 08:06 PM

Lego Toy Story Army Men pack. Four men and the Jeep its sweeeeeeeeeet. When I came back with it one of the other guys had to go out and by the Star Wars Landspeeder. They are considering getting the 350 quid Falcon for the team building exercise lol. I doubt I'll be able to sway them to actually do it though