Saké Comments
General Transformer Sightings Thread - Printable Version

+- Saké Comments (http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/discussion)
+-- Forum: TRANSFORMERS (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Transformers Discussions (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: General Transformer Sightings Thread (/thread-730.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Re: Universe and Animated Sightings threads - KingGrimlock - 05-24-2010 09:42 AM

None of the 3 in Cambridge has the new deluxes but they do have the lower price point and the new scouts.

Re: Universe and Animated Sightings threads - thelastallosaur - 05-24-2010 10:41 AM

NinjaCyborg Wrote:Thanks Phill but that doesn't help me one bit. I'm asking which Tesco *definitely* has them in, being that in London, the only Tesco at all that carries toys, let alone, TFs, is the one in Surrey Quays, which is on the other side of the city, and which when it does get new figures, gets them at totally different times to the usual reports in Tescos in the rest of the country. So if I'm going to make the trip to look for them it is important to know which one has them.

Edinburgh Corstorphine. Enjoy your four hour train journey. Smile

Re: Universe and Animated Sightings threads - Sharp-O - 05-25-2010 10:57 AM

Just been in my local Home Bargains and they have old Universe figures! :o I thought this stuff had gone the way of Charity shops and eBay lots! Anyway, looking it up on the wiki, the ones they had in the Coalville store were the Wave 3 Basics.
* Scattorshot
* Backstop
* Brakedown
* Undermine
* Brushguard
* Lugnutz

I'll have to have a look in the Loughborough store to see if there are others but definately picking up Brushguard and Lugnutz if I can. Big Grin

Re: Universe and Animated Sightings threads - GALVY - 06-07-2010 02:01 PM

beatties (or house of fraiser in some parts) has a sale on their toys. animated voyagers £12.99 wolverhampton had cybertron mode megs and starscream.
the animated deluxe down to £6.99 mainly lockdown and prowls. jetfire/jetstorm were priced at £15.00

if you get lucky, the deluxe universe are £8.99.

good huntin

Re: Universe and Animated Sightings threads - Sharp-O - 06-08-2010 12:02 PM

GALVY Wrote:beatties (or house of fraiser in some parts) has a sale on their toys. animated voyagers £12.99 wolverhampton had cybertron mode megs and starscream.
the animated deluxe down to £6.99 mainly lockdown and prowls. jetfire/jetstorm were priced at £15.00

good huntin

hmmmm, debating whether I want to bother to go to Burton on the off-chance the Beatties there has Universe deluxes.....

Re: Universe and Animated Sightings threads - GALVY - 06-08-2010 09:39 PM

Sharp-O Wrote:
GALVY Wrote:beatties (or house of fraiser in some parts) has a sale on their toys. animated voyagers £12.99 wolverhampton had cybertron mode megs and starscream.

good huntin

hmmmm, debating whether I want to bother to go to Burton on the off-chance the Beatties there has Universe deluxes.....

its your duty sharp-o. then you have to tell us lot so we can attack...i mean travel to burton lookin for tf goodness Wink

Re: Universe and Animated Sightings threads - Sharp-O - 06-08-2010 10:16 PM

GALVY Wrote:its your duty sharp-o. then you have to tell us lot so we can attack...i mean travel to burton lookin for tf goodness Wink

Well I guess I could have a look and if they don't at least there's a Home Bargains and ASDA (but their toy section is woeful. 2 shelves and that's it!)

I'll try next tuesday when I have to go to this training thing and get my bus fare reimbursed and let you know. Thanks again for the tip Galvy, want me a Hound and Cyclonus Big Grin

Re: Universe and Animated Sightings threads - GALVY - 06-08-2010 10:22 PM

always worth a look. if you dont see what you want , at least we may see something others want. as for hound and cyclonus, im going to an old haunt tommorrow, will keep an eye out. last time i was there they had lots of cyclonus. hooties if you know it. just outside wolverhampton. willenhall to be precise.

Re: Universe and Animated Sightings threads - Sharp-O - 06-08-2010 10:28 PM

GALVY Wrote:always worth a look. if you dont see what you want , at least we may see something others want. as for hound and cyclonus, im going to an old haunt tommorrow, will keep an eye out. last time i was there they had lots of cyclonus. hooties if you know it. just outside wolverhampton. willenhall to be precise.

Never been to Wolverhampton. My toy hunts generally involve Coalville, Leicester, Loughborough and (rarely) Burton-On-Trent, all Leicestershire/Derbyshire locales. Couldn't really go further a field than that and have a good look around.

Re: Universe and Animated Sightings threads - GALVY - 06-08-2010 10:33 PM

oohh leicester, i used to go there for my amiga stuff. long way but a great place. ashby de la suez (spelling) had a great amiga shop. cant remember its name but i used to train ride in from walsall for it. ahhhh memories. also went out with a girl from burton..............mileage, all im saying. mileage. Wink

Re: Universe and Animated Sightings threads - Sharp-O - 06-08-2010 11:09 PM

GALVY Wrote:oohh leicester, i used to go there for my amiga stuff. long way but a great place. ashby de la suez (spelling) had a great amiga shop. cant remember its name but i used to train ride in from walsall for it. ahhhh memories. also went out with a girl from burton..............mileage, all im saying. mileage. Wink

Zouch, rhymes with douche, apt for the majority of the mouth-breathers round here :lol: I can't remember what the game shop was called before it was Extreme Gamez but I know what you mean. At least now we have a Tesco, we have somewhere that sells dvds and toys though it's a trek to the outer reaches of the town (near the motorway haha)
Leicester's good because of Toys 'R' Us and Forbidden Planet, though the former doesn't get new stuff in often and the latter is extortionate.
Coalville has Home Bargains, Geoff's Toys, plus a charity shop I used to help out at so I can get stuff from there. Tongue
Loughborough also has a Home Bargains (So if one doesn't have stuff out, the other might) Sainsburys and another Tesco (same again)

But yeah, despite being relatively new to toy collecting proper, I've already staked out my toy hunt areas to search around Big Grin

Re: Universe and Animated Sightings threads - Sharp-O - 06-09-2010 04:24 PM

Whelp, went to Burton to Beatties and it's nothing but clothing and pans. Such a let down. :cry:

On the other hand the ASDA there had the Universe two-packs of Air Raid vs Storm Surge (which I may go back for) and Clocker vs Hardtop - and this is the first time I've actually sen them on shelves. Since I only had enough scratch for a Universe Deluxe figure that I had no luck in finding, I ended up buying a Cybertron Brushguard from Home Bargains. :| Not bad, just not great either, no where near worth a fiver but then again, he's like 15 on amazon so Big Grin

Hope everybody else had a more constructive day than I did :lol:

Re: Universe and Animated Sightings threads - GALVY - 06-09-2010 10:16 PM

you should get on the train to wolverhampton one day sharpy. the road that beatties is on has forbidden planet ,and in the mander center they have an entertainer. and if you are a gamer there are computer shops everywhere. not to mention pubs. cant forget pubs. :roll: on another note, didnt get to hooties today but mrs g said we can go in the morning so will keep an eye out for hound and cyclonus. last time i was in they definatly had some universe toys.

Re: Universe and Animated Sightings threads - Hellhound - 06-14-2010 08:25 PM

Sharp-O Wrote:
GALVY Wrote:oohh leicester, i used to go there for my amiga stuff. long way but a great place. ashby de la suez (spelling) had a great amiga shop. cant remember its name but i used to train ride in from walsall for it. ahhhh memories. also went out with a girl from burton..............mileage, all im saying. mileage. Wink

Zouch, rhymes with douche, apt for the majority of the mouth-breathers round here :lol: I can't remember what the game shop was called before it was Extreme Gamez but I know what you mean. At least now we have a Tesco, we have somewhere that sells dvds and toys though it's a trek to the outer reaches of the town (near the motorway haha)
Leicester's good because of Toys 'R' Us and Forbidden Planet, though the former doesn't get new stuff in often and the latter is extortionate.
Coalville has Home Bargains, Geoff's Toys, plus a charity shop I used to help out at so I can get stuff from there. Tongue
Loughborough also has a Home Bargains (So if one doesn't have stuff out, the other might) Sainsburys and another Tesco (same again)

But yeah, despite being relatively new to toy collecting proper, I've already staked out my toy hunt areas to search around Big Grin

Geoffs Toy's - that's a blast from the past. I used to live in Wigston, a friend of mine used to go to Coalville on a fairly regular basis (it may as well have been another country to me) and come back with all sorts of G1 toys that never materialised in Leicester or Wigston (which had 3 toys hips in the early 80s. I bet most large cities don't have that now).

Re: Universe and Animated Sightings threads - Sharp-O - 06-15-2010 07:00 PM

Hellhound Wrote:Geoffs Toy's - that's a blast from the past. I used to live in Wigston, a friend of mine used to go to Coalville on a fairly regular basis (it may as well have been another country to me) and come back with all sorts of G1 toys that never materialised in Leicester or Wigston (which had 3 toys hips in the early 80s. I bet most large cities don't have that now).

Yeah but Geoff's Toys hardly gets anything new in anymore. Sad