Saké Comments
PS3 trouble? - Printable Version

+- Saké Comments (http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/discussion)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: PS3 trouble? (/thread-751.html)

Pages: 1 2

PS3 trouble? - Hob - 05-23-2009 11:01 PM

My PS3 just stoped working tried to turn it on and the light turns yellow for a little while then turns to red flashing light. Any one out there got an idea what it is?

Also if it is knackered then can I get sony to replace? Sure i read on here that if you send back they will replace.

Thanx in advance.

Hob.

PS will try in the mornign to turn on as well.

Re: PS3 trouble? - Phill - 05-23-2009 11:26 PM

That's the Red Light of Death from the sounds of it.

First port of call is the SONY helpline, you should have their number in the instruction manual.

EDIT - This SHOULD be it;

Playstation Customer Service Telephone Numbers Europe:

United Kingdom: 08705 998877

Re: PS3 trouble? - Hob - 05-23-2009 11:29 PM

I bought it second hand will they just replace?

Got the original one which has backwards compaitbility with PS2. Way out of warenty.

Hob.

Re: PS3 trouble? - oddsey - 05-24-2009 01:55 AM

Morning!

Bump this thread tomorrow, there's a letter in last weeks Micro Mart that you may find useful.
Too pissed to find and scan it for you now!! [Image: drinks.gif]

Re: PS3 trouble? - Hob - 05-24-2009 08:05 AM

If you could scan it that would be great but i'll alos look out for the mag myself.

Gonna call them @10am this morning. Hope they are good and swap it for a refurb.

Hob.

Re: PS3 trouble? - oddsey - 05-24-2009 01:56 PM

Morning! (OK, not technically correct, but I've only been up about half hour!)

Here ya go:

[Image: Playstation_Repair.jpg]

I can't vouch for it working, as I don't even own a PS3!!

You will have to put up with a broken PS3 for a little longer, but it must be worth a go for £4.99! Wink

Re: PS3 trouble? - Hob - 05-24-2009 06:33 PM

Joined Continous play. WIll get letter and go from there. Spoke to 2 people @Sony and both said 145quid to replace. What a load of balls.

It may start working again in the mean time will try every day in the mean time.

I thought Sony were a good company 15years of buying their products and now this very upset @them.

YOU HEAR ME SONY DAMN YOU!

Hob.

Re: PS3 trouble? - Starscreams_Ghost - 05-25-2009 12:49 AM

umm have you tried mentioning the sale of goods act?

electrical items are covered for 7 years..........

Re: PS3 trouble? - phantomfish - 05-25-2009 05:03 PM

My PS3 YLOD'ed (Yellow Light of Death) early this year. There is no known fix for it. It is essentially a problem with the cooling system on early 60GB releases. The heat sensor blows and thus the PS3 permanently thinks its too hot to operate so it won't turn on.

Back at the start of the year Sony were giving free refurb PS3's in replacement for the original ones. However, since this started becoming more widespread, Sony now only give people the lovely £145 replacement option. This is why most people are now choosing to go with continuous play instead so if it breaks down, and you haven't previously registered it, you are fully entitled to a free replacement as covered under the policy.

Unfortunately it is the case of another big company having faulty products and trying to get more money out of the consumer to comp for it! :evil:

Re: PS3 trouble? - Mirage - 05-25-2009 09:29 PM

As this is clearly a manufacturing issue Sony can't charge that unless you are silly enough to pay it.

As Ghost said "Sale of goods act". After 6 months you have to provide proof that it's a manufacturing issue. But given that this is a widespread and known hardware problem they shouldn't raise too much of an issue over it.

Re: PS3 trouble? - thegreatdestroyer - 05-29-2009 11:29 PM

£149! maybe mine dying at the start of the year was good as they replaced my way out of warranty 60gb PS3 for free back then although mine was the actual blu-ray drive dying not the yellow light. I'm sure my old PS3 has been refurbished and is out there somewhere with a new drive

Re: PS3 trouble? - Hob - 06-20-2009 11:46 AM

oddsey Wrote:Morning! (OK, not technically correct, but I've only been up about half hour!)

Here ya go:

[Image: Playstation_Repair.jpg]

I can't vouch for it working, as I don't even own a PS3!!

You will have to put up with a broken PS3 for a little longer, but it must be worth a go for £4.99! Wink

Just a quick update on this story.

CP has now ceased taking new customers due to abuse. I have just rang to make sure i have a policy and that i can claim. Thankfully i have and i have claimed new refurb PS3 will be on ot's way to me on tuesday.

YAY then i can finally play woliverine.

Thanx to everyone.

Hob.

Re: PS3 trouble? - minion - 06-20-2009 09:12 PM

How strange that they've ceased taking new custom, yet have inserted their advertising into new releases like Ghostbusters.

Glad you got it sorted out Hob.

Re: PS3 trouble? - Hob - 06-21-2009 09:08 AM

They stopped taking new customers on tuesday/wednesday just gone. The inserts were prob allready put in the case weeks ago.

The scheme will come back but with better T&C's i expect as there was a massive lop hole in the original T&C's.

still i'm now keeping up with the scheme just incase.

Hob.

Re: PS3 trouble? - KingGrimlock - 06-22-2009 01:33 PM

Woot! Good to hear a happy ending to this Hob! It's put me off a PS3 a bit though!