Saké Comments
War for cybertron game - Printable Version

+- Saké Comments (http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/discussion)
+-- Forum: TRANSFORMERS (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Transformers Discussions (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: War for cybertron game (/thread-856.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

War for cybertron game - rockimus prime - 06-01-2010 06:45 PM

(i hope no-one has already posted about this, i havent been on for ages, sorry guys, schools been bring me down, well, at least i have a week off now! Big Grin )

what do you guys think about war for cybertron?
i quite like it, and i might pre-order it when i get the money

Re: War for cybertron game - GALVY - 06-01-2010 10:03 PM

it looks very promising at the moment. i like a lot of the tf designs, they seem to be putting in a lot of effort with the charactors (like why megs puts up with screamer).
early demos look ace with the way cybertron is taking a beating. just hope they dont put too much emphathis (spelling??) on the co-op side of things and spoil the solo game.

im definatly getting it though.

Re: War for cybertron game - Highram - 06-13-2010 10:47 AM

Definitly getting it. I've been playing the demo and it's ace!
The controls (in my opinion) take a bit of getting use to though.

Re: War for cybertron game - Starscreams_Ghost - 06-15-2010 01:38 PM

I'll be picking up in the hopes the co-op game will be a lot better than the MP Demo which was very Unreal Tournament like...

Re: War for cybertron game - minion - 06-15-2010 05:14 PM

I agree with SSG. Very 'run and shoot, run and shoot'. Kills based on who saw who first by luck. No cover mechanic. Too hectic. I prefer my shooters to rely on skill rather than which 14 yr old has the fastest fingers to batter the controller - something I could do when i was 14...

Still, it looked great, and when I switched to mcontroller option 2/b (i forget what it was called), it was much more playable. As SSg said, hoping for good co-op and Escalation mode.

On a side note, anyone know which UK seller may be carrying the Shockwave exclusive character? Game and Gamestation don't know. ShopTo has a Starscream toy, and Play.com has Demolishor as an exclusive.

Re: War for cybertron game - thegreatdestroyer - 06-15-2010 05:58 PM

Amazon has Jazz
Still not decided if it is a day 1 purchase. My gaming backlog is too great at the moment.

Re: War for cybertron game - minion - 06-18-2010 09:23 AM

SSG informed me that Blockbuster has Shockwave so that's who will get my money.

Maybe not on day of release though, expensive purchases and even more expensive physio is sapping my June (and July) cash. Need to finish other games first and trade them to try and reduce cost.

Re: War for cybertron game - Starscreams_Ghost - 06-19-2010 12:10 PM

I too have decided to wait awhile before picking it up ........ I think

depends on what I have to trade in

Re: War for cybertron game - soundwaves - 06-23-2010 11:22 AM

Just a quick heads-up...

I know we see them on loads of games, in their "extras" sections, but do NOT miss the "Credits"

For a sneaky peek, check here for a video of them...

http://kotaku.com/5570343/transformers-credits-are-a-joy-for-old+timers

Re: War for cybertron game - minion - 06-23-2010 01:27 PM

soundwaves Wrote:Just a quick heads-up...

I know we see them on loads of games, in their "extras" sections, but do NOT miss the "Credits"

For a sneaky peek, check here for a video of them...

http://kotaku.com/5570343/transformers-credits-are-a-joy-for-old+timers

Amazing!

Re: War for cybertron game - thelastallosaur - 06-23-2010 08:05 PM

I've just pre-ordered mine. I was actually quite tempted to go with Play and get Demolishor but switched to Amazon at the last minute, so it'll be Jazz I'm getting.
Who else is getting it for PS3?

Re: War for cybertron game - Smellyferret - 06-23-2010 09:37 PM

just a note for the PC version : the controls cannot be remapped and the FPS is set at 30! (well done console port devs..)

Re: War for cybertron game - RodimusG1 - 06-25-2010 12:00 PM

Gamestation (for out UK members) has the Jazz code included in their copies...

and it is awsome by the way XD

when certain G1 scientist relationships are referenced in the first level I had a warm fuzzy moment of pure nostalgia Big Grin lol

Re: War for cybertron game - thelastallosaur - 06-25-2010 05:23 PM

RodimusG1 Wrote:Gamestation (for out UK members) has the Jazz code included in their copies...

and it is awsome by the way XD

when certain G1 scientist relationships are referenced in the first level I had a warm fuzzy moment of pure nostalgia Big Grin lol
The whole Jazz thing has me rather ticked off, Amazon are claiming exclusivity on the character when that clearly isn't the case.

Re: War for cybertron game - GALVY - 06-27-2010 09:22 PM

picked up my copy from sainsburys today. (ps3)
im not the best gamer in the world so im only on level two , decepticon campaign, at the mo, but i like the pace of the story so far, its not nigh on impossible (yet!) but plenty of shooting to be done.
sometime i lose track of whats on the screen , but thats cos my ps3 is hooked up to my old 14 inch tv. i must upgrade, one day.