Saké Comments - Comics & Trades Bragging Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Comics & Trades Bragging Thread
11-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Comics & Trades Bragging Thread
Thought i'd start this 'cause I seem to buy as many books as I do toys these days.

This week I picked up the following:

Hearts & Minds tpb - GI Joe hardback by Max Brooks. Not read yet but looks awesome.

Ultimate Avengers tpb - Reminds me a lot of the original Mark Millar Ultimates stuff. The 'Cambridge' Hulk is awesome.

Invincible Iron Man Worlds Most Wanted 2 tpb - vol.3 of the Iron Man series. Cheap off Amazon and very cool. Love me some Iron Man goodness.

Spider-man The Complete Clone Saga epic vol.3 - 'Epic's is equally an appropriate and laughable word to describe this massive story arc. I think vol1-3 represent the saga at its best, but the next few volumes will be dire, and then resolve itself at the end. Much like when I bought all the Age of Apocalypse collections, this is me reliving a part of my comics reading history.

Comic wise I picked up Thunderbolts issue 150 which was awesome because it had a back up reprint of issue 1 in it. SOlid little story too, and it'll be good to see where this goes next.
Other less notable comics were Avengers (meh) and Osborn (awesome and i'm guessing will read even better when concluded and collected as a trade).

[Image: hamstarcustoms2.jpg]
HamStar Customs - Mighty Muggs, Vinyl & More.
Not currently accepting commissions, will update when open for orders again.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Re: Comics & Trades Bragging Thread
TF Energon digest vol 2
TF Animated Bots of Science
TF Nefarious tpb
Dark Tower Treachery HB
Dark Tower Fall of Gilead HB
Green Arrow Quiver (x2)
Green Arrow Sounds of Violence
Ghost Rider Trail of Tears
Path
Superman Red Son
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen HB
Dynamo 5 vol 2

Been a fairly comic heavy couple of weeks, really enjoying getting back into the genre properly.

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
Find all posts by this user
11-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Gothan City Sirens vol 2 (hardback)
Walking Dead vol 13

Amazing Spider-man #649
Secret Avengers #7
Batman Beyond #6
Conan the Cimmerian #25
Deadpool #29

12-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard #4 of 4 - nice conclusion to the collection of mini tales.

Mouse Guard: Black Axe - Celenawe is an awesome character and this look into his earlier life is awesome, even just 1 issue in. Love it.

Heroes for Hire #1 - Nice art, great writing. The set up is weird, as I have always thought that the For Hire concept was weird. They kind of make use of it well in this issue, and we get to see some second stringers doing stuff. The last page is what really captured my imagination though, as it turns the rest of the issue on its head.

12-17-2010, 02:39 PM
minion Wrote:Spider-man The Complete Clone Saga epic vol.3 - 'Epic's is equally an appropriate and laughable word to describe this massive story arc. I think vol1-3 represent the saga at its best, but the next few volumes will be dire, and then resolve itself at the end. Much like when I bought all the Age of Apocalypse collections, this is me reliving a part of my comics reading history.

Never really read any Clone saga stuff. I know its suposed to be pretty much the biggest train wreak in Spidey history (Although I think OMD may be more loathed now) but I've always been curious too see how bad. Sort of like Doom the movie... sure it was terrable... but also something strangly watchable. Although that was probubly just The Rock.

[Image: steelimusprimesig-1.jpg]
My old sig from my battles with Galvy. I miss you old friend.
Find all posts by this user
01-22-2011, 02:25 PM
Secret Six - Cats in the Cradle - V. good series.

04-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Picked up a few recently:

Gothan City Central vol 1 - very cool detective stories from the GCPD's point of view.
Fantastic Four vol 3 - Hickman's run is amazing. I loves me some Fan4.
Thanos Imperative - amazing stuff. A few page turns where I was grinning in delight at some scenes. Very sad ending. :cry:

... and comics I got today:

Fear Itself issue 1 - Possibly the best first issue of an 'event' since Civil War. Very excited for this one!

Annihilators issue 2 - amazing space action from DnA. The Annihilators portion is really big stuff and very funny, and the Rocket Raccoon section is genius.

Herc issue 1 - stand out first issue from Greg Pak and Van lente who obviously liove this character. High hopes for this comic.

Amazing Spider-man Annual - not read yet

King Conan - not read yet.