Saké Comments - So we\'ve seen Dark of the Moon ....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So we\'ve seen Dark of the Moon ....
06-28-2011, 08:16 AM
So we\\\'ve seen Dark of the Moon ....
Please use this thread to discuss the So we've seen Dark of the Moon .... news story on the main site.

We won't give anything away, as that would be unfair for 99.9% of you that haven't see Transformers Dark of the Moon yet, as it's not released for another day, but what we will say is that you must go and see it.
The reaction to the film, by fans in attendance, and by general film distributors was good.  A much better reaction then to Transformers Revenge of the Fallen, and Michael Bay will appreciate one "focus moment" (those who went to the BotCon Hall of Fame would have seen this) with Bumblebee and Spike resulted in a rapturous round of applause.
Dave's Opinion
I'll summarise, better than the second Transformers Movie, and the most story driven, this film feels more like the first (just without the spine tingling sensation of seeing Prime transform for the first time).  The movie is slow .. very very slow .. to the point I worried that I was going to leave thinking ... That was a Transformers movie I never want to have to sit through again ... but things to improve.  If you can last the 90 minutes of slowness, you have an hour or so of action (though even that was dragged out in my opinion).  There is nothing that will make your jaw drop in this film, but it is the most rounded of the three Transformers Movies, and I did come out having enjoyed it.
Humans die (which is a good touch), robots die (some in glorious detail, others in not so glorious detail).  Leonard Nimoy as Sentinel Prime was a great casting choice.
The generic Decepticons are still too similar, but there is an awesome moment with Sideswipe, Ironhide and three Decepticons.  A great battle and nice to see different robots from similar vehicles.
The new Transformers characters aren't featured that much, other than Sentinel Prime.  Laserbeak and Soundwave have key roles, the others were just there.  I also can't remember Ratchet speaking in the movie.
Friends have given Transformers Dark of the Moon 8/10 .. which is probably a fair rating.  As slow paced as it is, with lots of scenes that didn't need to be there (and big jumps in time .. for reasons we can only think of as budgetary), it could have been better, but it could have been a whole lot worse.
A fitting end to the Michael Bay Transformers Live Action Movie Trilogy.
Oh .. best 3D since Avatar ... personally I didn't really notice any.  If you get the choice see it in 2D to save you money, the 3D isn't worth the extra £4 to £6 that cinema's charge.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply