Saké Comments - Japan Trip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Japan Trip
02-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Japan Trip
Well I am back from Japan along with The Great Destroyer and Grizzely8U and I must say it was another fantastic trip full of sights, shops and strange happenings. You don't even want to ask about the strange preacher girl in Tokyo station ....

In terms of merch I bought a lot that will slowly be photographed as well as another 50+ magazines that join my massive backlist of things to scan. They include various lucky draw pages including the Gold Big Convoy Vs Gold Magmatron issue which I hoped to find.

We also attended the Winter Wonderfest where I picked up three of this years exclusive garage kits (Star Saber, Starscream and Soundwave with Bumblebee). All are chibi style but I need to make them up. Winter Wonderfest is epic and dwarves any other convention I have been to. Its along the scale of some of the larger motorbike shows that take over 3 or 4 halls at the NEC. I could easily have spent a lot more money there, but due to the exchange range many of the things I left behind were just too darn expensive.

I'm having space issues with the computer at the moment but I will be uploading photographs from the trip to my personal website with the Winter Wonderfest pictures uploaded to The Moon as well.

I've not gone through the video yet but I do need to copy some off, though it may have to wait until I can replace the computer with a better one.

TF Find of the trip for me was the last Japanese Dinosaur cassette
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Re: Japan Trip
Quartz Wrote:You don't even want to ask about the strange preacher girl in Tokyo station ....

See now if you mention stuff like this you know someone is going to ask. So, I am going to be that one, so tell! What about the strange preacher girl? Smile

Glad you guys had a good trip! I so wish I had your money to afford to go there. One of these days I will get out there.

[Image: VoltronBoySig.jpg]
02-11-2011, 01:56 PM
^Yes! Tell us!

Quartz Wrote:TF Find of the trip for me was the last Japanese Dinosaur cassette

*drool*

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]
02-14-2011, 11:19 AM
Jealous,
Makes me miss my stay last year, so many great stores and cabinet shops to visit.
Get some pictures up!
Tokyo station is fun, I always feel like I'm gonna bump my head under that bit with the weird arches.
Did you get the accross to Nakano Broadway?

[Image: bsig20111.jpg]
Fact: Brawn isn't dead he's just been stamping on scalpers.
02-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Always Brawn. Was the first stop on the day we landed which mirrored my last trip in October when I used some of your maps as well as my own lol.

I ended up going to the Mandarake in Nakano, Shibuya, Akihabara, Grand Chaos (Osaka near Namba) and Umeda.

The preacher girl. Well we were standing in Tokyo station looking at some maps when this Japanese girl with an Australian accent came over and started talking to us. She was very friendly and was keen to point out one of the tattoos on her forearm that included her name, which was very very long. Part of he name was Mary Poppins.

She was talking for a while and thought Grizzley was from Israel.

Umm what else. Well she was a preacher, was 18 said something about her kid being 0 years old (pointing out a few times that (s)he was born at the start of the year, then that her own birthday formed a number pattern than went something like 5,4,3,2,1 and then she started singing.

It was quite strange.
02-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Hope you had the rail pass then.
The Shibuya one is my personal favourite, it doesn't get as hammered as the other two, plus it feels like your going to a club down the stairs.
Plus do you have any different\new store recommendations? I should be going away again for a while in Autumn Big Grin

[Image: bsig20111.jpg]
Fact: Brawn isn't dead he's just been stamping on scalpers.
02-19-2011, 04:48 PM
So Quartz........You get me that other Junkion? :|
No dice?
02-20-2011, 01:25 AM
She was rather odd and it is rather weird, one minute your minding your own business, the next some mad person is going to your mates and brother your from London WOW, where are you from
(me)*said in best London Accent* "who me London"
(mad girl) your not Muslim then ???
(me) *very blank expression* what no
it was at about this point I wanted the ground to swallow me up just so she went away but you know what car crashes are like you have to stick around and have a look the really weird thing was she went away twice I think one time was to get a pen?? frankly it was all so surreal I kinda lost track of what was going on. I wish it was on video. I don't know about everyone else but I was left thinking
"What was that song that just happened"

[center][Image: impy.jpg][/center]
[center]Grizzley8U and impactor only leaving to get the train since 2002[/center]