Saké Comments - Transformers Brags - What's your latest buys

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Transformers Brags - What's your latest buys
05-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Re: Transformers Brags - What's your latest buys
Don't panic people! I'm back! I haven't abandoned you! What do you mean you didn't notice I was gone?

Off topic - I have my laptop back! Its ceasing to function is what led to me being absent from the board for the past month.
On topic - Dark of the Moon goodness! Picked up Deluxe Ratchet and Roadbuster, although if I'm honest I was quite disappointed by the range of figures that were released today, at least at Toys R Us, I spent more than twice as much on launch day for ROTF. Ratchet was a little disappointing too, the vehicle mode is fantastic, but thats par for the course with the movie lines and the robot mode is barely better than '07 movie voyager Ratchet. Maybe it'll grow on me. Roadbuster is wonderful though, I don't know anything about the character yet since I'm trying to dodge spoilers, but the vehicle mode is great, he has a nice transformation that leaves a decent robot mode.
Still undecided on the whole mechtech gimmick - the weapons are nice, but I'm not convinced that they're worth the loss of complexity of the figure itself, although quite possibly that would have happened either way, in which case it's nice for Hasbro to give us something to try and make up for it. Roadbuster again feels like a better example than Ratchet, the weapon fits well in either mode without looking too stupid and the self sealing ports are nice.

A couple of weeks ago I picked up PCC Stakeout and Crankcase, which although nice, aren't really worth it if you already have the first wave figures.

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Re: Transformers Brags - What's your latest buys - thelastallosaur - 05-16-2011 07:09 PM