Saké Comments - Transformers Brags - What's your latest buys

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Transformers Brags - What's your latest buys
08-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Re: Transformers Brags - What's your latest buys
Power Core Combiners Huffer and Caliburst.
A few thoughts on this new line based entirely on one figure:
[list]I've seen people campare the transformations to those from the Unicron Trilogy; whilst this is true to an extent, do not let it put you off, that level of complexity is perfect at this size. Huffer's transformation has about four steps, but it's so ingenious you don't notice the simplicity.
Having said that, the powercore gimmick can be a bit intrusive, so don't expect these figures to be the greatest on an induvidual level.
I don't have any limb drones yet, but Huffer's torso mode seems pretty solid, and would hopefully grant a combined mode a bit of articulation. Huffer himself is articulated decently.
Caliburst is better than I thought he would be,there are no joints where both parts are transparent, which was my main worry. However, none of his modes lock together much. It's not a huge problem, but there's definately room for improvement.
[/list:u]

Things that only apply to Huffer, look at the bonnet/hood of the truck in package (it's on the robots back) and try and get the yellow painted one, earlier (possibly only american) shipments had it in orange. I wish something else could have been done with the arms in vehicle mode, the block they create takes away from the realism of the truck mode and means Caliburst sits too high in turret mode.

It's been a controversial line, and the first since I started collecting again that I seriously considered skipping, so I hope this (breif?) opinion is helpful in some way. Huffer is recomended.

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Re: Transformers Brags - What's your latest buys - thelastallosaur - 08-12-2010 11:11 AM