Saké Comments - "The Long Road" Chapter one- The Breakthrough

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"The Long Road" Chapter one- The Breakthrough
10-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Re: "The Long Road" Chapter one- The Breakthrough
"We have two hours till the reactor is shipped out. I had hoped more of us would have shown up. I hope its just nerves..." One-Sixteen said as he folded his arms.

Things were already interfering with the plan, but he never really worked well with pre-thought strategies. It was kind of offset by his bizarre ability to make things up as he went and have them pay off. Just then there was another knock on the door.

One-Sixteen held his hand up to the others to signal them to pipe down as he went to the door and checked the hatch. He sighed relieved and opened the door.

"Of all the people to be late..." He added as two more mechs entered the room. One was a nervous, lanky mechanoid with a bulbous back and an odd face reminiscent of an insect. The other looked painfully normal, the sort of mech that seemed to blend into the crowd with an almost supernatural blandness.

"This is Xyron, our programmer and Durral who worked in the logistic depot that has supplied us with the majority of the parts for the ship. Its due to them that we'll get of this rock. Unfortunately the Generator was shipped from some other warehouse."The tall red mechoid said as he patted Bugface and average-joe-mech on the shoulder respectfully.

Xyron just nodded nervously while Durral pulled out some sort of Datapad of his own.
"Uhh hi! I managed to get the courier to fax me a copy of his shipping rout. Pretended I was the one ordering the Generator. Now its late a night so all couriers have to avoid residential areas, which suits us fine. Problem is there are three routs he can take...
"Got that covered my man. We have two guys who'll take care of the other roads. We just need to pick the quietest." One-Sixteen interrupted, He always spoke in a slightly odd accent and often added alien terms. Most of them had seen the odd holovid but they were generaly hevily censored. One-Sixteen had some unknown access to a large suply of unedited footage from an old Importer he knew. They had no doubt inspired him.

"Oh… oh ok that works. If we take out 75 by 4th an 58 by 3rd then that will divert the driver past the old shut down smelting plant. That’s a whole two miles of road with no one around. Durral piped up.

[Image: steelimusprimesig-1.jpg]
My old sig from my battles with Galvy. I miss you old friend.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Re: "The Long Road" Chapter one- The Breakthrough - Steel - 10-03-2008 03:53 PM