Hasbro Inc. are currently recruiting for a new Transformers product designer based at their headquarters in Pawtucket RI. You can find details regarding the vacancy below and can apply via website
Date: Feb 5, 2016
Location: Pawtucket, RI, US
Product Designer, Transformers
Location: RI - Pawtucket
Employment Type: Regular
Hasbro is seeking a Product Designer for its’ Transformers product design team. The position is based at Hasbro’s headquarters in Pawtucket, RI, and will report directly to the Sr. Design Manager, Transformers.
Expectations for the role include a strong focus on toy concept creation and development, excellent technical design skill, organized project management, and collaborative teamwork.
Combines strong technical design knowledge and organizational skills to manage the design and development of multiple assigned global brands/product. Develops innovative ideas and concepts based on global consumer and market insights.
Ensures overall quality, cost, schedule, and brand consistency for assigned projects. Demonstrates tact and diplomacy in dealing with others and acts as the key liaison with multi-disciplinary teams (i.e. Consumer Insights, Brands Teams and Engineering) on line issues. Participates in product review meetings and other presentations as necessary.
Acts as an inspirations and peer coach to junior designers.
- Manages the creation, schedule, and refinement of products that are either internally or externally generated.
- Develops innovative ideas and concepts based on global brands along with consumer and market
- Sources, reviews, and manages external resources for the development of new product. This will include game-play, industrial design, software development, and other creative work as needed.
- Demonstrates a strong, developed sense of creativity and foresight along with sound design judgment in anticipating and solving problems.
- Ensures feasibility of product design and that products developed meet cost, reliability, schedule, and safety guidelines.
- Coordinates product design work with both domestic and international locations
- Leverages internal and external resources and demonstrates ability to manage multiple projects and assignments
- Demonstrates strong team skills and tact in liaison with internal and external cross-functional partners
- Partners with Marketing, International Marketing, Channel CSM team, and Market Research to understand the market on a global basis along with the near and short-term needs.
- Has strong, compelling presentation skills and participates in product review meetings and presentations to all levels of management.
- Maintains awareness with new technology, consumer trends, design methods
- Travels as necessary to meet project needs and attend industry related events
Key Skills / Experience
- A good skills profile is desired and should demonstrate:
- Strong technical design ability with good organizational skills - technical savvy as it related to apps utilization in product development a definite plus!
- Plans effectively, is inquisitive and demonstrates sound judgment in anticipating and solving problems
- Creative thinker, experienced at working in a broad range of creative projects/assignments and is results orientated
- Ability to make models/prototypes preferred
- Computer experience with proficiency in illustration, photographic, rendering, video and animation software
- Passionate, inspirational and able to thrive in a changing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Toy Design, Industrial Design, or comparable field of study
- Strong visual and product design technical skill
- 3-5 years experience within toy or children’s entertainment industries, in a related role.
The ideal candidate excels at the following:
Creativity and Innovation – Aptitude for creative thinking, brainstorming, and a strong enthusiasm for driving innovation.
Technical Skill - a demonstrable talent to produce compelling product designs using state of the art design tools, and the ability to contextualize and critique efforts. Specific ability to visualize and conceptualize around action figures and vehicles are a plus.
Basic Comprehension of consumer goods manufacturing - processes and materials
Communication and Collaboration – Must be able to articulate clearly, and drive toward shared solutions with various internal partners
Presentation Ability – The ability to present ideas and vision with clarity and passion.
Organizational skill – Including time management and project management
Decision Making– Ability to make rational and informed decisions, and drive forward progress through creative collaboration
Adaptability and Flexibility – The ability to manage a constantly shifting set of priorities and often challenging timelines
Sense of Fun – Hey, we’re making Toys!!!! Hope that’s something that makes you smile like you were 7 years old!
Pluses: Enthusiasm for boys-oriented entertainment properties
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global company committed to Creating the World’s Best Play Experiences, by leveraging its beloved brands, including LITTLEST PET SHOP, MAGIC: THE GATHERING, MONOPOLY, MY LITTLE PONY, NERF, PLAY-DOH, TRANSFORMERS, and premier partner brands. From toys and games, television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive lifestyle licensing program, Hasbro fulfills the fundamental need for play and connection for children and families around the world. The Company’s Hasbro Studios creates entertainment brand-driven storytelling across mediums, including television, film and more. Through the company's commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families every year. Learn more at www.hasbro.com and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews).
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
J2W Posting Code: Global Design, Engineering and Product Development