Saké Comments - Transformers Brags - What's your latest buys

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Transformers Brags - What's your latest buys
05-24-2011, 10:30 PM
Re: Transformers Brags - What's your latest buys
I'm not sure about DotM toys TBH. Do I really want to start buying them? I have no where to put a line the size that will get and I did avoid most of RotF
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2011, 07:15 AM
Won't be touching the majority with a barge pole. The few that fall into the Classics esq aesthetic will be picked up but other than that it's 3rd party goods and comics until the TF:Prime line hits.

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
05-25-2011, 08:48 AM
I've but a few figures I'm interested in in the DotM line: Leader IH, Skyhammer* and...well I'm hoping for leader class Megatron to show up somewhere. The voyager offers lots of potential for a bigger size figure. Knowing my luck we will end up with Shockwave though and he'll be just as lame as rotf leader Megatron =/ Also the cyberverse dreads (beast like thing that transforms into a jet) looks rather promising in concept - would love to see if they can pull him off.

*problem with him is that he's in wave 3 I believe and the rotf movie line did not make it that far in the UK if I'm not mistaken

As for leader class figures: Smyths Toys appears to be the only high street retailer stocking them at the moment judging from websites.

EDIT: So does Toys R Us although SP is no longer in stock on their site.
05-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Not much love for DOTM? Oh well.

I managed to pick up PCC Heavytread and Skyhammer for £9.99 each at TRU, a little priceu and unfortunately not included in their current BOGO offer.
Still, they're great figures, now I only need waterlog and I'll have every powercore mould.

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]
05-26-2011, 08:29 PM
Just picked up HFTD Leader Starscream. This one has the naff voice clips, but the proper one sounded cr*p anyway so not a huge loss. Wasn't that impressed...then I realised he could both fold his arms and do dignified clapping poses. Those strange torso/shoulder joints really paid off.

05-27-2011, 07:21 AM
thelastallosaur Wrote:Not much love for DOTM? Oh well.

I managed to pick up PCC Heavytread and Skyhammer for £9.99 each at TRU, a little priceu and unfortunately not included in their current BOGO offer.
Still, they're great figures, now I only need waterlog and I'll have every powercore mould.

Actually I forgot to put deluxe Jolt on my list then and now that I've seen the pics, I'm crazy in love with human alliance Roadbuster (HA Leadfoot with his beer gut is a bit of a 'wtf' figure for me at the moment but may justget him as well if HA Topspin is in the works).

More on topic - caved in and got voyager megs...he's puny! Tiny head, very lanky body and his legs and arms seem bit too long. I understand the limitations a long alt form has put on this figure but some choices (like how the middle 4 wheels are handled) puzzle me greatly. Also, Hasbro needs to start using more god damned paint :evil:
05-27-2011, 01:31 PM
After TheLastAllosaur's tip-off I went to EdinburghTRU today and picked up the following Power Core Combiner 2-Packs;

Darkstream with Razorbeam
Steelshot with Beacon
Windburn with Darkray
Heavytread with Groundspike
Skyhammer with Airlift

360 MiniCons and counting.
[Image: serious.jpg]
Click the pic to visit my site.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Picked up DOTM Voyager Prime and Megs, plus all 6 deluxes.

i do like these figures, but when you stand them next to older figures, the smaller size and lack of paint apps realy stand out.

its an side affect of the worlds money troubles i suppose Sad
06-06-2011, 10:56 PM
I just got voyager Megatron since he's already getting a little more difficult to find - not rare, but since he's the only wave oone voyager I want I didn't want to risk missing him.

He's kinda neat, but due to his shape he feels very small. Good bit of complexity without being frustrating, and I like the integrating weapon in vehicle mode. I'm impressed at the way they got the truck cab to be articulated in vehicle mode without the legs being floppy in robot mode; it's novel to see something on a transformer and not know how it works.
The cape is nice in concept but in execution the shape isn't quite right for vehicle mode and since it doesn't tab in in any way this is noticable, though it might just be mine. I'm a little disappointed by the paint on the cab, some parts that look like they should match don't. Overall a very okay figure.

06-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Sentinel Prime from Argos...panels, panels, panels, panels...aligning them up for fire engine mode is a right pita =/ Still have to find a way to remove his batteries so he's slightly less back heavy. Other than that quite an impressive figure and looks quite well on my Decepticon shelf
06-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Thanks to tip-offs on TFW I went to Tesco and got a bunch of DOTM deluxes for £8.49 on their sale. Only wave one was on shelves, but a good number of people have been able to find wave two by looking in the boxes above the shelves, so I managed to get Jolt, Barricade, Sideswipe and Topspin. The mechtech system is starting to grow on me now, this wave showcases the possibilites of the gimmick. The figures themselves aren't bad, Topspin is easily the best of the bunch, the rest all seem to be lacking paint; and whilst it's not really noticable on barricade it is on Sideswipe, even his face is underpainted. Need to get a move on clearing the backlog on my blog for these guys.

06-13-2011, 09:48 PM
Stunti-con-job set Big Grin Thanks Moonies!

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
06-17-2011, 07:54 PM
My girlfriend was kind enough to pick up Generations Soundwave and Cliffjumper figures for me from Edinburgh Toys R Us, she also picked up Blurr and Kup for my friend who's out the country.

It surprised me to see that they've got US style backing cards with full bios. Would be nice if Hasbro did that for all UK releases.

I really hope this wasn't someone from here, but my girlfriend didn't appreciate being sworn at by another customer for taking the last Kup and Blurr.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
06-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Phill Wrote:My girlfriend was kind enough to pick up Generations Soundwave and Cliffjumper figures for me from Edinburgh Toys R Us, she also picked up Blurr and Kup for my friend who's out the country.

It surprised me to see that they've got US style backing cards with full bios. Would be nice if Hasbro did that for all UK releases.

I really hope this wasn't someone from here, but my girlfriend didn't appreciate being sworn at by another customer for taking the last Kup and Blurr.

Wow, that sucks. I don't think I've ever even met another TF collector in all the times I've been, let alone one so rude. Were they actually swearing at her or just swearing in general? Probably the same guy that scalped those Windchargers.

06-18-2011, 08:09 PM
thelastallosaur Wrote:
Phill Wrote:My girlfriend was kind enough to pick up Generations Soundwave and Cliffjumper figures for me from Edinburgh Toys R Us, she also picked up Blurr and Kup for my friend who's out the country.

Wow, that sucks. I don't think I've ever even met another TF collector in all the times I've been, let alone one so rude. Were they actually swearing at her or just swearing in general? Probably the same guy that scalped those Windchargers.

The guy told her that the ones she had were the "f'ing" ones he wanted. He then followed her round the store (Probably hoping she'd put them down). Once outside, as she went to go on the bus he barged past her to get on the bus first.