Saké Comments - Transformers Brags - What's your latest buys

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Transformers Brags - What's your latest buys
08-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Re: Transformers Brags - What's your latest buys
tamuchly Wrote:I just had 20th Anniversary Prime MIB and complete delivered, which I picked up on ebay for the princely sum of £25... :shock:

Used to own one...he was one of sacrifices I had to make when moving house Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2010, 11:45 AM
dalisprime Wrote:
tamuchly Wrote:I just had 20th Anniversary Prime MIB and complete delivered, which I picked up on ebay for the princely sum of £25... :shock:

Used to own one...he was one of sacrifices I had to make when moving house Sad

I was in the same boat 2 years ago, bud...been jonesing for one for ever since.
08-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Oddly enough I looked at ebay to see if I can find one at a decent price just before you posted. No charm though Sad All horrendously overpriced.
08-10-2010, 03:23 PM
dalisprime Wrote:Oddly enough I looked at ebay to see if I can find one at a decent price just before you posted. No charm though Sad All horrendously overpriced.

Yeah, it was a stroke of luck...most going for around £80 or so which is pretty ludicrous. Hope one turns up for you though!
08-11-2010, 03:15 PM
For all those scavenging for new Generations toys - Trafford Park ASDA has stocked Thrust, WFC Bee, WFC Prime, and Autobot Drift, so check one near you.
08-11-2010, 04:01 PM
dalisprime Wrote:For all those scavenging for new Generations toys - Trafford Park ASDA has stocked Thrust, WFC Bee, WFC Prime, and Autobot Drift, so check one near you.

I could kiss you, sir Big Grin To Burton!

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
08-11-2010, 06:28 PM
dalisprime Wrote:For all those scavenging for new Generations toys - Trafford Park ASDA has stocked Thrust, WFC Bee, WFC Prime, and Autobot Drift, so check one near you.

Did they have any of the £2.49 NEST deluxe figures left?

Oh Smyths toys are stocking Generation figures @ £9.99 each. ASDA have them @ £12.97
08-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Unitedbot Wrote:

Did they have any of the £2.49 NEST deluxe figures left?

Oh Smyths toys are stocking Generation figures @ £9.99 each. ASDA have them @ £12.97

Never seen any NEST deluxes in ASDA to be honest. Tesco yes - plenty of those in Handforth Dean not for £2.49 though.
08-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Nearest Smyths to me is Birmingham, I'll go to Burton instead and pay that extra few quid just to have the toy in hand. Good luck to everyone trying to find them! Big Grin

Mint In Box Toy Reviews
08-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Sharp-O Wrote:Nearest Smyths to me is Birmingham, I'll go to Burton instead and pay that extra few quid just to have the toy in hand. Good luck to everyone trying to find them! Big Grin

Closest for me is Oldham, but as I work in Trafford Centre, ASDA is a no-brainer for me Tongue
08-11-2010, 09:44 PM
I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment but to get my hands on Drift would be bloody brilliant.

Mint In Box Toy Reviews
08-12-2010, 05:30 AM
Guys please keep the chat to a minimum in the Bragging thread.

360 MiniCons and counting.
[Image: serious.jpg]
Click the pic to visit my site.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Just a quick update on latest additions

Animated Snarl
PCC Aerialbots
ROTF Deluxe Lockdown
ROTF Deluxe Ratchet
ROTF Deluxe Brawn all 3 from ASDA Weston-super-Mare £2.49 each Big Grin

:mrgreen:
08-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Pre holiday hall:
RotF Legends Bluesteel Sideswipe, Stealth Bumblebee and Power Armor Optimus Prime. (all from Malta via eBay!)
Animated Sunstorm and Ratchet (eBay)
Animated Rodimus Minor and Cybertron Ironhide (Robotkingdom)
HFTD Breacher (eBay)

[Image: phantomfish2.jpg]
08-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Power Core Combiners Huffer and Caliburst.
A few thoughts on this new line based entirely on one figure:
[list]I've seen people campare the transformations to those from the Unicron Trilogy; whilst this is true to an extent, do not let it put you off, that level of complexity is perfect at this size. Huffer's transformation has about four steps, but it's so ingenious you don't notice the simplicity.
Having said that, the powercore gimmick can be a bit intrusive, so don't expect these figures to be the greatest on an induvidual level.
I don't have any limb drones yet, but Huffer's torso mode seems pretty solid, and would hopefully grant a combined mode a bit of articulation. Huffer himself is articulated decently.
Caliburst is better than I thought he would be,there are no joints where both parts are transparent, which was my main worry. However, none of his modes lock together much. It's not a huge problem, but there's definately room for improvement.
[/list:u]

Things that only apply to Huffer, look at the bonnet/hood of the truck in package (it's on the robots back) and try and get the yellow painted one, earlier (possibly only american) shipments had it in orange. I wish something else could have been done with the arms in vehicle mode, the block they create takes away from the realism of the truck mode and means Caliburst sits too high in turret mode.

It's been a controversial line, and the first since I started collecting again that I seriously considered skipping, so I hope this (breif?) opinion is helpful in some way. Huffer is recomended.

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]