Saké Comments - Transformers Brags - What's your latest buys

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Transformers Brags - What's your latest buys
02-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Re: Transformers Brags - What's your latest buys
Got the RTS Windcharger scout.

The Tesco I got him from had about 8 on the shelf and only 1 or 2 other scouts. I've got a funny feeling that someone in Tesco was hiding them, and someone else put them out, because a single box normally wouldn't have more than 3 of the same figure in it.

360 MiniCons and counting.
[Image: serious.jpg]
Click the pic to visit my site.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2011, 04:31 PM
thelastallosaur Wrote:
RodimusG1 Wrote:Just recieved Master Piece Rodimus Convoy and he is AWESOME!! possibly the best masterpiece since Optimus looks as awesome as grimlock but with all the 'extra features' like turning into both Rodimus and Hot Rod, Hot Rod's saw blade, 'repair torch' the matrix and combinable weapons (which even pop on his engine block like firebolt did) this is possibly my favourite masterpiece yet Smile P.S. whith his trailer he is f'in huge!

can't wait for the hasbro release as he is gonna be 'just' Hot Rod but with a load of his own 'bling' awesome

It's good to hear that he's showing up. Are people like me going to be missing much by going for the hasbro version or is the trailer just a big box with an extra windscreen?

Not being funny but the trailer was the one thing that impressed me the most about the toy when i saw in him person and had a chance to transform him.
I haven't bought one yet, but I wouldn't hesitate to get the version with the trailer when i do.

[Image: hamstarcustoms2.jpg]
HamStar Customs - Mighty Muggs, Vinyl & More.
Not currently accepting commissions, will update when open for orders again.
02-06-2011, 07:19 PM
RodimusG1 Wrote:Just recieved Master Piece Rodimus Convoy and he is AWESOME!! possibly the best masterpiece since Optimus looks as awesome as grimlock but with all the 'extra features' like turning into both Rodimus and Hot Rod, Hot Rod's saw blade, 'repair torch' the matrix and combinable weapons (which even pop on his engine block like firebolt did) this is possibly my favourite masterpiece yet Smile P.S. whith his trailer he is f'in huge!

can't wait for the hasbro release as he is gonna be 'just' Hot Rod but with a load of his own 'bling' awesome

Really? Just watched Optibomus' review of MP-09 and he wasn't too impressed - the faults he highlighted were quite glaring in fact =/
Find all posts by this user
02-09-2011, 03:45 PM
A few things from today's hunt:
Robot Heroes Hound, Blitzwing, Sunstreaker and Galvatron half price at TRU
RPMs Skids and Mudflap also half price at TRU
HFTD Rescue Ratchet, full price unfortunately, but I love my rescue Ratchets.
and Reveal the shield Tracks from tesco, no Jazzes unfortunately, and thanks to me no more Tracks's in that store.
Nearly picked up The battle in space two pack - that Rodimus is much nicer in person than in photgraphs, though that may just be because you can't see his windscreen in the box.
I figure that two packs like that tend to go down in price at somepoint, it's merely a question of whether I can resist for that long.

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]
02-09-2011, 05:50 PM
RTS Jazz and Tracks.................. just when I thought I was out........ Minion drags me back in

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
02-10-2011, 12:40 PM
RTS Perceptor and Wreck-Gar from Kapow, they're in Euro packaging, which I feel a bit let down by, seeing as I paid the price they normally charge for the US ones.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
02-10-2011, 04:55 PM
My first ever g1 Gears and Huffer!

Gears is actually pretty awesome.

[Image: bsig20111.jpg]
Fact: Brawn isn't dead he's just been stamping on scalpers.
02-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Phill Wrote:RTS Perceptor and Wreck-Gar from Kapow, they're in Euro packaging, which I feel a bit let down by, seeing as I paid the price they normally charge for the US ones.

Give Andy an email about it, it seems that the packaging in some lines is no longer region specific and I know for a fact that he got a buttload of 'American' packaging ones through European stock recently.

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
02-10-2011, 08:02 PM
KingGrimlock Wrote:
Phill Wrote:RTS Perceptor and Wreck-Gar from Kapow, they're in Euro packaging, which I feel a bit let down by, seeing as I paid the price they normally charge for the US ones.

Give Andy an email about it, it seems that the packaging in some lines is no longer region specific and I know for a fact that he got a buttload of 'American' packaging ones through European stock recently.

I'm not a MISB'er so it doesn't really matter, but it woulda been nice to know about the packaging. Diamond are shipping Wave 2 RTS out now, and they're likely to be in Tescos and such in the next week or 2. Will be annoying to see them cheaper.

02-11-2011, 12:20 AM
Phill Wrote:Diamond are shipping Wave 2 RTS out now, and they're likely to be in Tescos and such in the next week or 2.

That's kinda the first thing I thought when I saw your original post.

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]
02-12-2011, 09:50 PM
RTS Chopsaw - I was sold on his little bio about not being motivated about power or greed, but purely by his love of chopping stuff up. I was surprised to find that he is a cracking little toy. Love the transformation, and the bike mode is really nice.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Chopsaw

Kudos in the tfwiki bio for the Running Man quote. Makes him even more awesome!

02-13-2011, 12:57 PM
RTS Wreck-Gar, Perceptor and G2 Optimus from Kapow
RTS Strafe and Crossover Ironman from KingGrimmy
HFTD Battle Ops Bumblebee (finally!) and Rotorwash Rumble (Tailwhip and Arcee) from eBay

[Image: phantomfish2.jpg]
02-14-2011, 02:57 PM
RTS Mindset and Tracks

Both I am really impressed by. I wish Mindset's missiles were shorter though, as they look pretty stupid in robot mode. Tracks is also so much better than his product images led me to believe.

02-16-2011, 05:27 PM
Not really a buy but I was given Armada Blurr and Energon Unicron. Unicron is mostly complete and in fairly good nick but is missing the clips or pegs you need to attach the rings and hemisphere kibble onto his back. I think there's a minicon stuck in his leg compartment too but I can handle that.

Eeeeeee! I have a Unicron! Happy happy! Big Grin

Mint In Box Toy Reviews
02-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Generations Skullgrin and Kup.
Cracking toys especially Kup who I am not a fan of as a character (old man complainy Kup sucks, IDW Nick Fury Kup rules). I was also dead impressed with Skullgrin and he was definitely worth the purchase considering I already own Darkmount/Straxus

Masterpiece Rodimus - my thoughts in the other discussion thread. Smile