Saké Comments - R/C Ironhide (Tamiya Lunch Box)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
R/C Ironhide (Tamiya Lunch Box)
07-27-2010, 06:46 PM
R/C Ironhide (Tamiya Lunch Box)
This is something I meant to post a while back, but due to circumstances couldn't get round to until now.

For those who don't know, Tamiya is a Japanese company that manufactures Model kits and Radio Control cars and trucks, as well as a popular range of model paints. The Lunch Box is one of their R/C kits, and I had had my eye on it for a couple of years. I finally bit the bullet and bought one at the very end of last year. One of the features of the kit is it's customizeable nature, it is loosly based on a monster truck named Rollin' Thunder but having a van shell meant it could easily be turned into a piece of rolling artwork. The standard design is a food van, hence the name, but a quick google search shows many other custom paintjobs, the A-Team van being one of the popular ones. After racking my brains trying to think of van Tranformers I could base it off of, I chose G1 Ironhide.

[Image: 081.jpg]

[Image: 086.jpg]

[Image: 087.jpg]

[Image: 090-1.jpg]

[Image: 078.jpg]

Maybe not quite as transformer-y as the usual customs, but I'd still love to know what people think.
For those interested I used a mixture of Humbrol and Revell acrylics and acrylic sprays, and finished with Humbrol gloss varnish.

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
R/C Ironhide (Tamiya Lunch Box) - thelastallosaur - 07-27-2010 06:46 PM