Saké Comments - Childhood favourites vs Adult favourites

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Childhood favourites vs Adult favourites
03-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Childhood favourites vs Adult favourites
Thought it might be a bit of fun to go through some favourite teams/groups and compare who was your favourite (if you had one) as a child and if that has changed as an adult (and why).

There's obviously a lot more TF teams I haven't covered here, but I just went for the most obvious and popular ones for now. we can do more later if peeps think this is fun.

Constructicons
Favourite as a child: Didn't have any. I picked up Mixmaster at a school fete so I liked him. I thought Scrapper always looked cool though, but that's probably because the cartoon protrayed him well.
Favourite now: I still don't really have one. They're pretty cool characters as a group, but no one stands out.

Dinobots
Favourite as a child: Slag - my brothers and I all had favourite dinosaurs and regardless of the property you had to be that character. The joke was on me when I had to be Cera in the Land Before Time. Payback for one of my brothers when he had to be the Pink Ranger. My brother who nliked T-rex's never got chumped out though - well other than the fact he asked for Grimlock for Christmas and ended up getting Sludge- weak! I actually only got Slag a few years ago when my wife bought him (and a replacement Sludge) for me for Christmas.
Favourite now: Snarl - I like all the dinos, but Stegasaurus' have really grown on me as a dinosaur. I like the way Snarl lookswith the tail wings, solar plates, etc, and the toy is cool. Plus he's a moody git who 'doesn't want to be there 'which is alway fun. I think I relate to him half the time.

Insecticons
Favourite as a child: Shrapnel - visually looked cool with the horns as a beetle and then on his shoulders in robot mode. he also had the coolest name. I never owned any of them as a child though.
Favourite now: Shrapnel for the same reasons. I think Bombshell is a nice and distinctive looking design though.

Special Teams

Aerialbots
Favourite as a child: Air Raid - because he was a black jet and looked pretty sharp. This was the first Special Team my brothers and I completed between us, but I only owned Slingshot though.
Favourite now: Slingshot - because I owned him as a child and I like his visual design (the head is very distinctive). He also has that rebellious young punk thing going on which makes for good stories.

Protectobots
Favourite as a child: Hotspot -because the toy was amazing. He's a really underrated piece of kit and it's too easy to forget how cool he is because I guess most of us who own him display his as Defensor.
Favourite now: Still Hotspot based on the quality of the toy I guess. I'm not super keen on the other toys/characters. Groove does have that Chips factor though.

Stunticons
Favourite as a child: Dragstrip - One of two I/my brothers owned (Dead End was the other)I guess 'cause he was brightly coloured and the car looked fast.
Favourite now: I quite like Dead End because he's so miserable. I do like them all pretty much equally though.

Combaticons
Favourite as a child: Onslaught - The Combaticons were one of those teams where my brothers and I all had to choose one (Dinobots, TMNT, etc). One of my brothers and I always used to argue because we both wanted to be him. I guess it was the master strategist and leader aspect that I liked. I also liked the visual appearance of the twin cannons behind his back.
Favourite now: I love all of the Combaticons, but I have a real fondness for Swindle. He is just a cracking character and I like his visual design too.

Terrorcons
Favourite as a child: Hun-Grrr - because of the dragon/hydra aspect. I always liked that his dragon heads became feet. Never owned him though.
Favourite now: Rippersnapper - because he's a weird land shark thing which is cool.

Technobots
Favourite as a child: Meh, Didn't have one. They were always pretty bland. I did own Nosecone that I got from a carboot though so I guess him.
Favourite now: Still meh. Nosecone if I had to choose because his alt mode is pretty unique.

Seacons
Favourite as a child: Snaptrap - 'cause he was a giant turtle. The moving mouth turtle mouth, pom-pom cannons and sword were just pur win. The guy looked awesome. I was also sold on his Butcher of the Bogs bio.
Favourite now: Still Snaptrap. He's freakin' amazing!

[Image: hamstarcustoms2.jpg]
HamStar Customs - Mighty Muggs, Vinyl & More.
Not currently accepting commissions, will update when open for orders again.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Childhood favourites vs Adult favourites - minion - 03-02-2011 09:18 PM