Saké Comments - Short thoughts on DOTM - SPOILER ALERT!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Short thoughts on DOTM - SPOILER ALERT!
07-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Re: Short thoughts on DOTM - SPOILER ALERT!
Just came back from imax and here are my thoughts:

The good: More focus on the bots, you can actually see what's happening, the G1 references, Laserbeak being a bad ass bird Wink, stunning CGI (but, see below), one of the wreckers speaking in a scottish accent - for some strange reason I found it pretty awesome

The bad: The plot seemed like it skipped scenes sometimes: Bee turns up to save Sam and Lennox one scene and next time we see him, he and the other bots are already captured by Decepticons, Megatron just sitting in a side street after being bitch slapped by Sentinel; sometimes the background was blurred for no apparent reason (it wasn't always a matter of perspective either) - not sure whether that was the trade off of filming the movie in 3D but it annoyed me a tiny bit

The ugly: Shia's acting skill is, to be polite, lacking...the scene where he arrives at the NEST base for the first time and starts screaming like a retard after his Datsun gets caught by the barriers pretty much sums him up =/ Luckily I didn't see the movie for him...

On a side note - has anyone else noticed how Rosie's make up and her white top remained immaculate despite her being in the middle of a collapsing city? Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Re: Short thoughts on DOTM - SPOILER ALERT! - dalisprime - 07-04-2011 06:06 PM