Saké Comments - Short thoughts on DOTM - SPOILER ALERT!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Short thoughts on DOTM - SPOILER ALERT!
06-28-2011, 07:59 AM
Short thoughts on DOTM - SPOILER ALERT!
SPOILER ALERT

I had the chance to see DOTM with the Transformers@TheMoon boys, Starscream's Ghost, Thegreatdestroyer and Spacebridge at the FDA press screening in London yesterday afternoon. Having slept on it here are some short thoughts on DOTM in some sort of chronological order - i'll probably add more later:

Cool NASA space landing stuff. Horray for Neil Armstrong and Buzz Lightyear!

Gratutious 3D butt shot.

My god this Whiteley girl can't act. She's only been on screen for 2 minutes and is a black hole of charisma. Looks nice though.

Prime's trailer turning into a weapons locker is cool.

Shockwave! He looks amazing! He has a very Tarantulas style mouth which if you're going to give Shockwave a mouth it may as well be that.

Why does Megatron think he's the Man With No Name? Looks awesome, just makes zero sense. Loving the shotgun slung over his back though.

Megatron's mechanibal dog thing is awesome. A toy is needed now!

Laserbeak lands on Megatron's forearm - MARK OUT MOMENT!

The little Scalpels in Megatron's head remind me of the maggot in the Corpse Bride.

Getting a bit sleepy by this point. Sam's job and girlfriend stuff is boring and not very funny.

Laserbeak is genuinely brilliant.

The Dreads were amazing. I want all three! My wife leant over and went 'why is Predator in this?' when you got the close up of Crankcase.

Ironhide saying 'Decepticon punk' is all kinds of win.

Sideswipe actually did something other than be a roller skating buffoon. Mexican stand off tastic!

Sentinel Prime is more of a dick than Animated Sentinel Prime. Congratulations.

Ironhide's death was rough. I was actually shocked.

McDreamy is a total sleazeball - love it.

Didn't see the Merc coming as being Soundwave in disguise. Suspected it may be a TF but nice little surprise there. Very neat.

Wreckers. Ugh. Not twins bad, but bad.

Megatron's Master Plan tastic! Very cool moment sending the Autobots away in the shuttle.

That invasion happened fast. I feel like I blacked out for ten minutes - not that this film needed any more time adding!

Epps! I was getting worried he wouldn't show up. He bought Calvin Scott from My Wife & Kids with him. They were team awesome.

My butt is really starting to ache at this point. I feel like i've been in this seat forever, at least it's the final battle - that'll only be another 15 minutes... won't it? ...

Very Terminator Salvation-esque in the city aftet the invasion.

Prime turns back up and does his best Rock impression with 'Kill em all and let God sort em out!'

More Shockwave being freakin' amazing. Can't understand a word he's saying though. Sad

Prime fears overhead cables.

Return to form of the first movie in that Prime keeps disappearing and popping back up to do cool stuff. Does he have a nap between these scenes?

Starscream fears the Lebeouf. Way to go out like a tard.

Shockwave goes out but it takes the military, all the Autobots and an enraged Prime to do it. Bad ass. Take notes Starscream.

Cybertron coming into Earth's orbit = Ultimate Doom awesomeness. We need Dinobotys digging out trenchs on beachs though damnit! Plus Brawn being macho.

Whilst it's Prime vs Prime we also have Mutt vs McDreamy. A true battle for the ages...

Star Trek references and quotes ahoy. Love it.

One word from the girl who can't act and Megatron is all fired up DBZ style. Suppose some groundwork was laid for this but it still made me go hmmmm.

The massacre ends and you're left feeling awesomeified, drained and with a sleepy butt. Cracking stuff though. It might lack the magic of the first film, but this ithe sequel we wanted.
Should have had 20-30 mins trimmed out of the middle and final battle though. Also had a few story telling pacing problems, as well as moments where it didn't seem to flow. 3D is gorgeous. See it on the big screen.

Overall a solid 8/10 score.

[Image: hamstarcustoms2.jpg]
HamStar Customs - Mighty Muggs, Vinyl & More.
Not currently accepting commissions, will update when open for orders again.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Short thoughts on DOTM - SPOILER ALERT! - minion - 06-28-2011 07:59 AM