Saké Comments - The current franchise - everyone's opinions wanted!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The current franchise - everyone's opinions wanted!
10-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Re: The current franchise - everyone's opinions wanted!
As I see it FMH just went through some growing pains as some of the people that hate TFW just went there to rant which was a shame as that site was not about that as KG rightly said.

Things here are really quiet I really want to get this site back on track with some more interaction, content etc and its something that I am going to try very hard to do.

I suppose my work keeping me extremely busy has meant that since I hardly post anywhere these days I've missed a lot of the moaning on different forums, which is a good thing, but its also meant that I have not been interacting with the people and friends I have made over the last 12 years and trying to make new ones, which is a shame.

In terms of the TF franchise its actually in thhe strongest position it has been for a long long time or maybe even ever purely down to the diversity of fans these days. But with diversity comes conflict, which it really shouldn't but it tends to.

I'm still not really into the movie figures. I like some of the styling but i've ignored most of the lines. I enjoyed Prime and am looking forward to some of the figures but recently I have been getting back into G.I-Joe in a big way.

Next year will be a BIG year for me. Hopefully my new house will be sorted by then and I can finally display the entire collection of all of the toys that I have. I can get more updates onto this site, get The Visionaries one back up, completed and live and then get onto two additional projects that hopefully will allow more people to be involved.

I am also personally involved with both Roll Out Roll Call 2011 and Auto Assembly 2011 as I want to see the UK and European fanbases for both Transformers and G.I-Joe / Action Force grow, become united and stronger. For RORC3 I am sponsoring the event to help bring some guests to the show (including help fund Larry Hama), I should be providing some material for for G.I-Joe panels and I am considering the offer of running a panel myself on some Transformers themes.

For Auto Assembly my involvement will very much be determined closer to the day, other than putting on another Toy Display.

So, much like Sunstreaker, I'm trying to remain focuses on the positives. Collecting should be fun and yesterday at the London Expo, looking around, catching up with some friends (Mirage, Devil Soundwave, 3 Darths, Toys and Games, All The Cool Stuff) and buying He-Man and G.I-Joe toys, I left the event feeling the happiest I only seem to feel these days when meeting up with fellow fans which has only really happened at Auto Assembly and the general TF meet the other month.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Re: The current franchise - everyone's opinions wanted! - quartz - 10-30-2011 11:09 AM