Saké Comments - The current franchise - everyone's opinions wanted!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The current franchise - everyone's opinions wanted!
10-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Re: The current franchise - everyone's opinions wanted!
thelastallosaur Wrote:To be honest, it only took a look at the story behind the founding of FMH for me to see I wouldn't like it there. Even with the best intentions in the world, they were always going to pick up the dregs of TFW; I wish them the best I just think that too many people there will simply be people that were pissed off at TFW - not necesarily the kind of people that will effectively start a nice community. And I'm most likely going to be buying some stuff from kapow soon enough; christmas presents etc.

I gave it a go - I was really looking forward to getting involved with and trying to co-ordinate something for the UK GI Joe community (Something I'm still very interested in and pro-active about). The guy running it, Andy, seemed really nice and KG and Ghosty were involved so I knew I had 'buddies', and I even won one of the first competitions... but I really wasn't feeling it. You get it with most hobbies unfortunately. It's caused by the sort of people who define their life by their hobby.

thelastallosaur Wrote:I only joined in around the time Animated was starting so I've no idea what it was like beforehand, but I can't imagine it was this bad before the movies.

Does that mean you totally missed Gen 1? Talley you gotsta read the Gen 1 Tech specs, read Budiansky and Furmans comics, and watch the first cartoon series.

As for the newer Transformers... I'll probably stick with spending my finances on Joes... I do love me some Joe...

[Image: newstreakersig11.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Re: The current franchise - everyone's opinions wanted! - Sunstreaker - 10-28-2011 09:53 PM