Saké Comments - The current franchise - everyone's opinions wanted!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The current franchise - everyone's opinions wanted!
10-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Re: The current franchise - everyone's opinions wanted!
It's actually the fandom that's dampening my spirits at the moment. The constant battle of arrogance, the arguing, the nerd rage, that nothing is ever good enough, that person sucks because, etc, etc. We get people celebrating when Shia gets assualted and that bitch and moan about distribution or release schedules, badger shops to get stock in, then refuse to buy it when it's in stock until it goes on sale, moaning all the while that it's too expensive. The fights between forums, conventions, stores, YouTubers, Twitter peeps, the Club, 3rd parties, it just goes on and on. To be honest I'm so sick of it I'm close to stepping back from the mainstream online fandom and just concentrating on things where I don't have to interact directly with the internet hardmen.

What's keeping me going is doing the buying and selling on the side to make a little more money, getting the chance to 'discover' (read 'play with') a multitude of toys I'd never seen before, after which I can sell them for a bit of a profit. Recent finds of joy include most of the Beast Wars line, especially Magnaboss and Quickstrike.

As for the current stuff, I love the 3rd party companies far and above what Hasbro are putting out, which is very little of interest and I can't see much of the future lines grabbing me. Tried PCC, sold it, tried RotF and Dotm, sold most of them which just leaves the Classics line and Prime and I'm really not feeling that show.

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Re: The current franchise - everyone's opinions wanted! - KingGrimlock - 10-28-2011 01:53 PM