Saké Comments - The current franchise - everyone's opinions wanted!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The current franchise - everyone's opinions wanted!
10-26-2011, 12:20 PM
Re: The current franchise - everyone's opinions wanted!
thelastallosaur Wrote:So what do you think of current TF's then 'streaker? Any interest in them or is it G1 all the way? Opinions on movie, animated or prime?

For me, I like a lot of what is being done, although I do think that the DOTM toys are a step down from the ROTF ones. I like both the "classic" blocky style and the more experimental styles that started with the movie. Not entirely convinced by prime yet, the designs feel too much like they're trying to be too much of a comprimise, but I'm sure they'll grow on me. Everything does eventually.
Currently I'm very tempted by TFC's Hercules, which would be my first unofficial transformer.

Come on people, no excuses to not respond, we all have an opinion on transformers here.

I got back into things with RiD, chased a few Beast Wars and Beast Machines, and went back filling gaps in my Gen1 collection, hung on through Armada, but kind of lost interest with Energon... Just felt that the aesthetic was wrong.

I bought a few of the 1st film toys, but wasn't that impressed... found them all too spindly and angular. I like my transformers 'blocky'. I won a Sentinal Prime pre-release over at FMH, and got Ghosty to chase me a few of the Rub the Sign figs (I think... I find the constant branding changes to be much of a confusing blur) but after the first 'buzz' I found that I wasn't really enjoying the newer figs. I couldn't just sit there transforming them back ad forth like I would with say Gen1 Hound, Hotrod, Galvatron... heck any of them, so I just lost interest.

I recently picked up last Years Rollcall/Rollout exclusive - the Treadshot with Kraken... which is technically an unofficial TF... but I mainly think of it as Action Force.

I've just reclaimed all of my toys from storage and hopefully in the next few months will be sorting everything out - so I'll be photographing and posting up all of my G1 stuffs... and I'll be honest, I'm really looking forward to it - like revisiting an old friend...

[Image: newstreakersig11.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Re: The current franchise - everyone's opinions wanted! - Sunstreaker - 10-26-2011 12:20 PM