Saké Comments - How much have my coding projects over the last 10 years cost

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How much have my coding projects over the last 10 years cost
06-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Re: How much have my coding projects over the last 10 years cost
minion Wrote:Behold Statistic-or and the amazing power of statistics!

We need graphs!

You mean like [Image: 9WpnPc]

GALVY Wrote:so, does this mean if you had written this code for a job for someone, you would have earned 17 mill?
and what is the codes used for if not the main tf sites if i might ask? not snooping, just curious. i nothing of coding or computers apart from how to get here and ebay. ohh my daughter showed me some html programming sites some schools use once. was like learning french again. :oops: :lol:

Its not particularly accurate, but based on how the people that wrote that program to work things out yes, there was enough code to cost 17 million (paying all 26 developers about $56k US a year). Granted the figures for the lines of code are also a bit out as I have some symlinks (think shortcuts) which means some code will be counted two, three or four times (for instance the message boards) and I of coruse only wrote about 50 lines of code for the boards.

What are the codes used for if not the main TF sites, good question. Basically all of the other sites that I've written over the last ten years some still live some dead. Lets take a peak

Repository 1
Moonbugs person site (now dead)
Lucky Draw Transformers
MonsterMunchMunchers.com (now dead)
Trans-Europe Express site (a european transformers group and 100% automated site, my first one of those, now dead though I may still own the domain)
The Visionaries.net - broken
Transformers Animated
Transformers At The Moon
Transformers Hybrids (about three files, may or maynot be dead but was never really anything)

Repository 2
London 2010 website - under construction
AFA Transformers - live, 100% automated
GIJoe Movie 2 site - dead
Hertfordshire School of Rock - contracted work for a friend
Power Core Combiners - live
Project Rock Education - Part of Hert School of Rock
My person site
My 2nd personal site / wiki - dead
Street Sweeper Social Club Site - 100% automated will be dead in a week or two if not already
Transformers-Prime.com - Alive but under construction
TF At The Moon rebuild - under construction but will be the code to replace the current site
Visionaries - rebuild of the visionaries site, not live

I also have code left that was used for "TalentBomb" as contracted site I built several years ago. Think "Hot or not" style of site. Realm 11, this was a website to go with a TV show / tie-ins for which Moonbug and I were part of the "think tank" many moons ago. It was my first "contract" job.

Other than that there are a various version of different modules such as connecting to ebay, parsing and validating emails before using the content to build news stories on websites, RSS feed generation. There is also an RFC for something I wrote for TFAuctions back when they started and people didn't have the guy.

Oh and postcode database interaction, database backup and offsite scripts (yes even with my history of breaking them)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Re: How much have my coding projects over the last 10 years cost - quartz - 06-05-2010 04:06 PM