Saké Comments - R/C Ironhide (Tamiya Lunch Box)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
R/C Ironhide (Tamiya Lunch Box)
07-27-2010, 06:46 PM
R/C Ironhide (Tamiya Lunch Box)
This is something I meant to post a while back, but due to circumstances couldn't get round to until now.

For those who don't know, Tamiya is a Japanese company that manufactures Model kits and Radio Control cars and trucks, as well as a popular range of model paints. The Lunch Box is one of their R/C kits, and I had had my eye on it for a couple of years. I finally bit the bullet and bought one at the very end of last year. One of the features of the kit is it's customizeable nature, it is loosly based on a monster truck named Rollin' Thunder but having a van shell meant it could easily be turned into a piece of rolling artwork. The standard design is a food van, hence the name, but a quick google search shows many other custom paintjobs, the A-Team van being one of the popular ones. After racking my brains trying to think of van Tranformers I could base it off of, I chose G1 Ironhide.

[Image: 081.jpg]

[Image: 086.jpg]

[Image: 087.jpg]

[Image: 090-1.jpg]

[Image: 078.jpg]

Maybe not quite as transformer-y as the usual customs, but I'd still love to know what people think.
For those interested I used a mixture of Humbrol and Revell acrylics and acrylic sprays, and finished with Humbrol gloss varnish.

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Re: R/C Ironhide (Tamiya Lunch Box)
thats great stuff . maybe a trailbreaker would be nice next? or hoist.

[Image: images-1.jpg]

IM NOT MAD, IM LOVEABLE!!
07-27-2010, 08:57 PM
Sa-weeet.

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
07-28-2010, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the comments guys, glad you like it.

GALVY Wrote:thats great stuff . maybe a trailbreaker would be nice next? or hoist.

I'm not sure yet what, if anything, I'm going to get next. Though the big step really is buying the first one, after that you can take the price of transmitter and batteries of of subsequent purchases. Tamiya have a very nice Nissan GTR kit that I like the look of, so I may yet add alternity Convoy to my R/C set.

I'd love to get one of these:

http://www.wonderlandmodels.com/products...ng-hauler/

And do movie Prime but it is unfortunately very far out of my price range.

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]