Saké Comments - G1 Knockoffs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
G1 Knockoffs
08-03-2010, 12:22 PM
G1 Knockoffs
Hi all, new to the board and returning to the hobby after a few years away.

Has anyone picked up any of the numerous G1 KO's floating around ebay/ioffer? I'm talking about the Mirage/Dinobots/Sunstreaker in original G1 boxes. It seems too good to be true, and so I'm not getting my hopes up.

It's difficult to get an idea of quality, so if anyone could give me some info about these I'd be very grateful: worth picking up? Are some better than others? What's the best source for them?

Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Re: G1 Knockoffs
I've got several flavours of the Mirage one, and they're all pretty good quality. I've heard people say that they all have left firsts, but they look fine to me.

I've also got all of the Dinobot KO's;

Swoop is a total mess. Mine came from the batch where they painted his face, but instead of attaching it, it just comes in a baggie with the correct sword.

All of the Dinobots suffer from paint chipping, some right out of the box.

My plan was to use the KO's to fix-up my originals, however I've never got round to it.

Phill

360 MiniCons and counting.
[Image: serious.jpg]
Click the pic to visit my site.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Hmm. I may well pick up the Mirage at some point, then. Thanks! [Image: sdiconsg1-mirage.gif]
08-03-2010, 04:40 PM
I'll change me Pretty good quality to Very good quality.

I never had an original Mirage, so nothing to compare it to, but I'd say it's as good as an original.

You can see the Mirage KOs here;

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://bigphill.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/4_3.jpg">http://bigphill.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/4_3.jpg</a><!-- m -->

360 MiniCons and counting.
[Image: serious.jpg]
Click the pic to visit my site.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Awesome, they look great! Where did you pick up yours? What's a sensible price to pay for them?