Saké Comments - MP-8X is haunting me...halp!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MP-8X is haunting me...halp!
08-10-2010, 11:33 AM
MP-8X is haunting me...halp!
So lately, I've been experiencing this weird craving for...Grimlock. Not just any Grimlock - the king of bling (rhyming not intentional), MP-8X. Been looking round evil bay and there are a few of them going for £150-£160 (shipping included), and one of the sellers mentioned he could declare lower value to avoid customs fees, but...While I can in a way afford it (as in get it paid with my credit card and then slowly pay it back over time), I can't really justify paying so much for, well, a toy.
So here I am fighting an ongoing battle between the rational side of me, and the big Grimlock fan side of me, and turning to you lot for advice. Should I give in and get it, or is the rational me right, and waiting for the not-so-shiny Hasbro release the only way to go?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Re: MP-8X is haunting me...halp!
I feel that most of the true masterpieces (The original releases not the cheaper hasbro ones of some that have come later) are all over priced by the time they come here.
I do have the original release MP01 but thats it. Grimmy does look awesome and the X version looks so good in that cool box but I agree with you on the price, the £150+ i've seen them for is crazy! thats a holiday for a week!!
Also if the box gets dented etc its a lot of money to lose.. however its probably like any other expensive TF - you pays your money, you gets your toy!

What else could you get for the money?

Wraithchild666 reborn
I used to be normal like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee..
08-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Other things I have in mind are a better sound card + headset for my computer (not essential even if my steelseries headphones have only one speaker working), or a new desk for the said computer but that can be done at close to no cost at Argos. Between Grimmy, the desk + chair and the sound card + headphones, the desk and chair would have highest value as currently my monitor and keyboard sit on a coffee table of sorts, so I have to sit on the floor when I use the PC (which I suppose isn't the healthiest thing to do). The down side of this is, the space management of the living room will go all awkward if the desk appears where the coffee table now is, and I may end up blocking the view of the telly.

EDIT: The Sound card is no longer actually needed as I fixed the annoying driver issue, so now it's either: desk + chair vs. quality headphones vs. mp-8x
08-16-2010, 03:47 PM
They do look awesome! Having seen a shelf full of them ITRW, I was very very tempted!
But I went for the standard as he was only about £50.

The silver plastic is so great though! It really is very nice in the flesh if you have the moolah!
08-16-2010, 05:42 PM
I did the responsible thing in the end - bought the computer desk, chair, sound card and headphones o.O Now I need some valium for when my credit card bill arrives...