Saké Comments - Luckiest ever TF finds

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Luckiest ever TF finds
08-25-2010, 02:09 PM
Luckiest ever TF finds
Sorry if this type of thing has been on before, but I am a newbie and u cant kill the newbie, well not straight away anyway!

What is your luckiest ever finds? I am talking ebay, a friend or a second hand shop or something? Doesn't even have to figures just TF related.

Mine would be a G1 Galvatron, G1 Grimlock and G1 Jetfire at my local second hand shop at a cost of a fiver!. Galvatron and Grimlock in good played with condition, little sticker wear but no weapons, Jetfire was a bit yellowed and loose with no weapons. I dug deep into a box of naked/half dressed barbies and action men and assorted McDonalds toys but alas couldn't find anything else. Still was an absolute fantastic find and all are on display. I have never found anything else in that shop apart from the odd G1 Video despite numerous visits!

My biggest fail, was not bidding for a MIB Pepsi Prime on ebay that had no bids and finished at 99p, the seller never relisted it and it still bothers me to this day despite the fact it was about 2/3 year ago

Over to you...

"he is way stronger and totally insane!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Re: Luckiest ever TF finds
Mine was the Yellow Aveo Swerve that appeared on EBay.

People doubted the authenticity of it and didn't bid, so as a result I got it fairly cheap. It was at a time when the standard Red one was going for £80+

Still don't know the full story about it, but it's not a custom. It's probably just a lunch-time special.

Next one was another Aveo Swerve one. When Swerve appeared on the Chevy website for sale in Europe I picked up 6 of them. In the end I was only charged for S&H of them. I WAS going to open all 6, but decided to use them as trading material at BotCon 2008.

360 MiniCons and counting.
[Image: serious.jpg]
Click the pic to visit my site.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-25-2010, 02:59 PM
Probably my luckiest ever find was an Energon Omega Sentinel in the UK on eBay. I am a borderline completeist and managed to snag the guy for a reasonable amount (about £60 with Energon Strongarm and Offshoot included) and I absolutely love him.

Most of my finds have been by doing 99p searches on eBay. You never know what you are going to get for 99p unless you bid (some of my mega bargains include FAB Grindor (MOSC) and Long Haul, Beast Wars Spittor and Snarl, Armada Super Optimus Prime, ROTF Nebular Starscream)

[Image: phantomfish2.jpg]
08-25-2010, 03:27 PM
Mine was quite recently actually, I picked up a big box of stuff off eBay which included near mint and complete Superion, Mensor, Metroplex, Galvatron, another Silverbolt as well as numerous gobots including the command centre. I won't say how much it was but let's say the cost barely covered the value of the gobots.

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
08-25-2010, 03:36 PM
another one, although no near as good as the above ones lol, was when I bought a G1 Metroplex for about £28.00 but also unexpectedly got sent a very good condition Bombshell and several micromasters.

Another miss was at my local Home Bargains store they had movie 2007 Bonecrusher figures for £3.99, I already have him in my collection just wish I had picked one up at such a cheap price you know.

08-26-2010, 08:20 PM
I've had a few.
Ehobby minibots £40 delivered (from a forum, seller was a MISB completist and they were open so he thought they were no good!) was a few years ago but still was about 50% of the going rate.
Test shot aveo swerve,£20 delivered. low feedback seller BIN. love the toy!
Orange G2 devestator complete with cardbacks. I got it cheaper than you can buy a rough green incomplete on on ebay at the moment. Thinking of selling it as I've seen the price It now commands!

Wraithchild666 reborn
I used to be normal like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee..
08-27-2010, 07:11 PM
my best ever haul was a boot sale find.

i got if memory serves, g1 grimlock,slag,sludge,kup,broadside,inferno. all loose for i think £9.
i paid £19.99 for energon omega supreme from asda, £15 for classics magnus and skywarp set and various other half price goodies have followed. still love my boot sale dinos.

[Image: images-1.jpg]

IM NOT MAD, IM LOVEABLE!!
08-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Carboot sale £1 for a biscuit tin which had 5 complete sets of micro masters, off road, construction, emergency services, air patrol and sports car and a complete pretender which was roadgunner!!
08-28-2010, 11:21 AM
GALVY Wrote:£15 for classics magnus and skywarp set .

Oh yes, that was retrospectively a wonderful day. *Strokes his City Commander*

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
08-28-2010, 12:36 PM
KingGrimlock Wrote:
GALVY Wrote:£15 for classics magnus and skywarp set .

Oh yes, that was retrospectively a wonderful day. *Strokes his City Commander*

Good old woolies!! I am end up selling my two pack on t' ebay only a couple of months ago and making a nice laa'l profit.
Every now and then Home Bargains also have good finds, however the store where I live is currently well over stocked with the Masters of Metaliko two pack!

09-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Artfire in his box for £250 i think was my best find on ebay lol, and yes for that price it was a bargain lol

Although my biggest mystery was the box of actionmasters i got sent once, it had about 20 of them in it including some of those damn hard to get ones. Why so myterious? because i have no idea where it came from, who sent it and why? i hadnt been tracking or bidding on any actionmaster lots at the time and i couldnt even send a thankyou for the free gifts lol!!!

See, the bright light... it ain't heaven, son. It's just a muzzle flare

[Image: gruff1.jpg]