Saké Comments - IDW version of Jihaxus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
IDW version of Jihaxus
06-11-2010, 05:07 PM
IDW version of Jihaxus
Hi Guys, i have noticed the rather terrifying resemblance of the IDW continuity's version of Jhiaxus to the movie version of starscream, so with a bit of retooling a small application of milliput and many swear words 'cos im not great with modeling i have converted a starscream to Jhiaxus. only problem I have is the repainting, could anyone suggest a good base coat and paints to use to repaint the 'bot? I always end up with wear at the joints of worse paint falling/scraping off so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'll post pics once he is done.

then maybe I'll have a go at making Scrounge..... Wink

Prime! Look I'm HELPING!!! OW! how does a robot get choked in a headlock?!?!?! whoa...Prime....theres a huge hole in your chest....oops...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Re: IDW version of Jihaxus
Scrounge FTW

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
06-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Even the best paints and sealant/varnish won't stop joint wear.

If you want to reduce/eliminate joint wear than you'll need to sand down the joint areas and anwhere that'll rub as it moves. This reduces the surface level so there is more clearance between the joints and moving parts, especially after paint has been applied.
Easiest way to do this is to take toys apart.

For painting itself, I find any good model paints are usually fine. I myself have always used Citadel paints from Gamesworkshop but I know a lot of customisers who also swear by Testors as well as other brands.

Look forward to seeing him finished.

[Image: hamstarcustoms2.jpg]
HamStar Customs - Mighty Muggs, Vinyl & More.
Not currently accepting commissions, will update when open for orders again.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2010, 07:03 PM
well here he is guys, he is my first repaint/custom so please be gentle in reviews and comments XD

Im gonna attempt a 'universe Straxxus' next, yeah i know 'Darkmount' is coming but after looking at the energon divebomb i kinda got an idea into my head, and it will be interesting to see if it pans out.... pics to follow (if it does)

anyway links to the pics :

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/editalbum.php?aid=416099&add=1&flash=1#!/photo.php?pid=13384813&id=817480001&fbid=10150242139305002">http://www.facebook.com/editalbum.php?a ... 2139305002</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/editalbum.php?aid=416099&add=1&flash=1#!/photo.php?pid=13384814&id=817480001&fbid=10150242139310002">http://www.facebook.com/editalbum.php?a ... 2139310002</a><!-- m -->

please feel free to put feedback and any comments all suggestions will be greatfully recieved

Big Grin

Prime! Look I'm HELPING!!! OW! how does a robot get choked in a headlock?!?!?! whoa...Prime....theres a huge hole in your chest....oops...
08-22-2010, 03:16 PM
malinhardly Wrote:The IDW version of Jihaxus is great version, nice functionality of this version, There is no additional feature in old version. I asked my LCS the same, they went to their computer and found out that it was supposed to be shipped next week.

Errrrmmm what ships next week?

There is only 1 toy version of Jihaxus, and it looked nothing like the Marvel or IDW versions. Hasbro haven't announced any other toys being made of him.

360 MiniCons and counting.
[Image: serious.jpg]
Click the pic to visit my site.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-22-2010, 09:48 PM
any links that arnt on facebook? banned in my house . long story. but still banned.

would like to see jihaxus though.

[Image: images-1.jpg]

IM NOT MAD, IM LOVEABLE!!
09-07-2010, 07:38 PM
i tried to link the pic but for some reason my pc doesn't like sharing it (probably me doing something wrongto be fair) XD

09-07-2010, 10:27 PM
[Image: 34020_10150242139305002_817480001_133848...2347_n.jpg]

Wraithchild666 reborn
I used to be normal like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee..
09-10-2010, 10:34 PM
this guy looks pretty cool. im not a fan of the mould, but the colour scheme goes pretty well. good job.

09-12-2010, 04:22 PM
thanks Big Grin

09-18-2010, 01:21 PM
completely off topic but does anyone else get the feeling Galvy has been banned from facebook for telling random women to KNEEL?

just kidding Galvy Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

anyway back on topic, not really a fan of that mold either but it's a nice repaint you have there

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
09-19-2010, 11:06 PM
actualy ghosty, it was women contacting me. mrs g went , ..... well she wasnt happy. so its banned. for now Wink