Saké Comments - Boxing them up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Boxing them up
10-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Boxing them up
I know some people will call foul on this topic, but it's something I've been deciding in the last couple of days while I've been moving my collection around.

I've decided to box up my Animated collection. Given that Hasbro have practically abandoned them, and scalpers have made some so expensive to get, I just don't see any point in trying to finish the collection.

There's also no point in trying to sell them, as too many people have done that since they were stopped, and only Ultra Magnus has any worth in the UK.

Has anyone else felt like this with them?

Phill

360 MiniCons and counting.
[Image: serious.jpg]
Click the pic to visit my site.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Re: Boxing them up
Yeah, allready done it mate.

And im not prepared to pay extra to buy the remaining releases or Takara versions (over £20 for rodimus and others - get real), as there is other things i can spent my hard earned cash on Sad
Find all posts by this user
10-07-2010, 03:30 PM
It's a tricky one. On the one hand completing the collection would/will (I probably will) be costly. but even incomplete it's still the most eyecatching display in my collection, and they're more fun to fiddle around with than movie or generations figures, so for the time being mine are staying out whether or not I get more.

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]
10-07-2010, 08:50 PM
My Animated are piled up in corner of room. I was considering getting rid,but I only need about half a dozen to complete.

Bumblebees in collection: 31
10-07-2010, 08:58 PM
My Animated will probably will be boxed up upon the release of the Prime toy line, until then I've got space. Just.

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
10-08-2010, 08:36 AM
I absolutely love my animated figures. I am a completionist though and do have every figure so far and I've been sad enough to collect all the Takara exclusives (Activators Soundblaster, Jetpack Bumblebee and Wingblade Optimus). I have them all on proud display and even though Hasbro has abandoned the line mine are still a collection highlight.

[Image: phantomfish2.jpg]
10-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Could be worse P-Funk.
I had to pack my whole collection up because Im getting custody of my oldest.Had to give up my Tf room........Good thing his 15.3 yrs more and maybe he'll bounce. :|

Spaeking of Ani Magnus.I found 1 at kmart last month.Damn barcode was torn off so that couldnt get a price.Store manager gor involved which was a good thing.....plus I knew him.The store manager rnage it up for......ready?........$2 and some change.I flipped it and sold in to Madplanet for $25.Think this is the first time I made money of a Brit......Friend.I had to.Money is so tight right now.Kind of feel bad.Madplanet is a good friend.
10-09-2010, 12:16 PM
I wouldn't box up or not display a collection because it has ended/not complete. In fact, if a line finishes and I have completed it, it gives me a great sense of satisfaction in knowing that it is finished.

Just because i'm missing a few figures, doesn't mean I no longer love the ones I do have. I bought them because I thought they were ace toys, not because I needed their buddies to stand next to them.

Only time I ever box anything up is for space reasons.

[Image: hamstarcustoms2.jpg]
HamStar Customs - Mighty Muggs, Vinyl & More.
Not currently accepting commissions, will update when open for orders again.
10-10-2010, 02:27 PM
indeed, I more than understand where you are coming from though, most of the energon figs end up in storage in my case, but my animated stuff is all still out just cos i love 'em so much Smile sadly Magnus is the one character i cant seem to find anywhere and the 'Roadbuster' colour scheme i find horrible. still if i see one in the bargain bin in toys are us sometime it is a maybe. here's hoping Hasbro realise the love people have for the animated characters and get on the ball re-release the series (or even better the jap one has follow ups like G1) till then I shall sit here with my super sculpey and green paint and work on that 'Wasp' fig i want so much Big Grin

Prime! Look I'm HELPING!!! OW! how does a robot get choked in a headlock?!?!?! whoa...Prime....theres a huge hole in your chest....oops...
10-10-2010, 05:21 PM
RodimusG1 Wrote:indeed, I more than understand where you are coming from though, most of the energon figs end up in storage in my case, but my animated stuff is all still out just cos i love 'em so much Smile sadly Magnus is the one character i cant seem to find anywhere and the 'Roadbuster' colour scheme i find horrible. still if i see one in the bargain bin in toys are us sometime it is a maybe. here's hoping Hasbro realise the love people have for the animated characters and get on the ball re-release the series (or even better the jap one has follow ups like G1) till then I shall sit here with my super sculpey and green paint and work on that 'Wasp' fig i want so much Big Grin

Blue Magnus wasn't given a regular release in the UK, there were rumors of a few slipping through in roadbuster boxes, but your best bet is importing one.

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]
10-10-2010, 06:38 PM
The normal Ultra Magnus was a FOB item, but Hasbro UK forgot to tell people that.

The shops assumed that the Leader assortment would give them everything they needed, they weren't to know that it would only get them 4 out of the 5 possible figures.

Some places did order him, but because he was under-ordered Hasbro UK just distributed US stock.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
10-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Phill Wrote:The normal Ultra Magnus was a FOB item, but Hasbro UK forgot to tell people that.

Pardon my ignorance. FOB?

10-11-2010, 05:29 AM
UltraPrime Wrote:
Phill Wrote:The normal Ultra Magnus was a FOB item, but Hasbro UK forgot to tell people that.

Pardon my ignorance. FOB?

Answered this for Unitedbot last night, so a simple cut and paste works for me;

A FOB item is a "Free On Board" product.

It basically means that the item is avaliable to order, but the distributer won't advertise it or promote it. Often FOB items have to be bought in specific quantities, which is what puts off smaller shops not willing to spend the cash and be left with something which may not sell.

Animated Ultra Magnus was a basic order of 10 cases (20 figures) at a time, so having 20 of an expensive figure (RRP £39.99) with no advertising or an easily accesible cartoon promoting it was a bit of a risk for small stores.

10-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Thanks, Phil. I live and learn Smile

10-14-2010, 07:19 AM
Well after Transforming the Animated figures to Alt mode and looking at them all, I've decided to sell them.

I had a quick look on EBay last night at recent "Ended" sale prices and came up with a price list. I based these prices on the minimum price that an open figure seemed to get. Can anyone give me their opinions on the prices bellow?

Deluxes;
Blackarachnia £5
Blurr £4.50
Bumblebee £4
Cybertronian Optimus Prime £5
Elite Guard Bumblebee £4
Jazz £5
Lockdown £4
Oil Slick £4
Prowl £4.50
Ratchet £4.50
Sentinel Prime £3
Snarl £5
Soundwave £4
Swindle £4
Swoop £3

Voyagers
Blitzwing £9
Bulkhead £5
Grimlock £6
Lugnut £5
Megatron £6
Optimus Prime £5
Optimus Prime Vs Megatron £6
Starscream £9

Leaders
Bulkhead £10
Megatron £10
Ultra Magnus £25

I'm not selling these yet, and some have been reserved by a friend, I'm just looking for opinions on the prices. All of the figures are open ,but complete. Most ( if not all) have their backing cards, or bios avaliable.