Saké Comments - The Hub already attacked for shameless self promotion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Hub already attacked for shameless self promotion
10-14-2010, 06:31 PM
The Hub already attacked for shameless self promotion
Please use this thread to discuss the The Hub already attacked for shameless self promotion news story on the main site.

Well it didn't take long, the Hub officially launched on the 10th October and within three days its already causing problems in the US with campaign groups up in arms about the station just being an advert for Hasbro toys.  "The notion of a toy company owning a television channel for the sole purpose of promoting their toys is egregious practice," said Susan Linn, director of the Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood.
Not only that but legal groups are already preparing cases against the Hasbro / Discovery joint venture for unfair competition amongst other charges.
Stay with us at Transformers At The Moon and Transformers-Prime.com as we will keep you up-to-date with the latest on this story.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Re: The Hub already attacked for shameless self promotion
I'm sorry, but what exactly is wrong with a toy company paying to advertise their product? What else are they going to do if they own the channel? Considering the costs of running the channel, creating the shows etc... what are they doing wrong? They didn't think they could advertise enough in maistream media, so they created an ingenius solution. They ought to have the right to air whatever they want. "Commercial free childhood"? That is complete cr*p, every child wants toys, and TV ads are a big part of childhood. "Unfair competition"? Someone is just jealous they didn't come up with the idea first. This isn't just the rabid fanboy in me, I really don't think Hasbro is doing anything wrong, and they ought to have the right to air whatever they want.

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]
10-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Re: The Hub already attacked for shameless self promotion
yeah but you don't understand these people are MADE to watch this channel and their children are FORCED to watch them whilst strapped down in chairs with their eyes held open all the time a tape is constantly playing "iwantiwantiwant"

it's scary what the americans have to put up with with all their laws on freedoms...........

luckily we poor souls in the uk have parental locks and remote controls so we can avoid these shows if we want

poor americans.........

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.