Saké Comments - what is the point of life when you have no purpose?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what is the point of life when you have no purpose?
10-17-2010, 04:22 PM
what is the point of life when you have no purpose?
.... Sad
the title says all....

heck
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2010, 05:02 PM
Re: what is the point of life when you have no purpose?
To find a purpose!

That's life in a nutshell!

[Image: newstreakersig11.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
10-17-2010, 06:22 PM
What 'streaker said is true, if life feels like it has no purpose then it should become your purpose to find a purpose for it.

When I was a youngster, and indeed up to about 10 years ago, my life seemed to have no purpose or direction and it weighed heavily upon me. I have only a few goals in life and had never really thought about what I wanted to do with my time. This led me to become very depressed and introvert. It was only having had enough of this and soon after first meeting people from this very website that I started to turn my life around. Over the the next few years I managed to achieve pretty much all of my aims in life and then started to make new aims (I was feeling low again) which I have now pretty much achieved once again. A couple of months ago I started making my third "life goals" as I know that without them I will start to feel that life has no real purpose for me. But the thing is it does. Without my life over the last 11 years I would not have created Transformers At The Moon. Through that I have met many great people whom I consider some of the best people I have been fortunate to have met in my life even though I, sadly, have not seen many of them as much as I would have liked. I would not have had the opportunity to meet some folk from Paramount Pictures, or meet Derrick Wyatt, Jim Sorenson and Bill Forster in person and spend several days in their company at AA. I wouldn't have created Transformers Animated.com which helped me become re-interested in developing again as the site grew more popular in two months of the series launching that Transformers At The Moon had in what 8 years.

So that's why I believe what 'streaker says to be true. Some people have a clear or clearer picture of their purpose from a much younger age. This may be due to a really strong desire to do something, others have less clearer picture. But life is what you make of it and it is a gift that must be hung on to and enjoyed.

Four years ago a member of this board known as Toughboot sadly lost his life due to depression. Toughboot (Brett) was one of the funniest people I have met in my life and I often find myself thinking about him and what he would have made of the world today. Not just Transformers, but everyday things we use to talk about. Brett was a dear friend to many people on the board and as sad as his passing was I think it is a reminder to us all that no matter how bad things seem, no matter how alone you may feel at times there are always always people out there who give a damn about you, and that life is always worth living and fighting for. Everyone has good and bad times, if it wasn't for the bad times the good times would not be as sweet.

When I was in middle school I was told by my form teacher that I would "fail every exam I ever took" and when I was in Secondary school (High School) I was told by someone that came in to evaluate pupils that I was "retarded". Both made me feel angry, how could these people who are suppose to help pupils be so mean and un-supportive, but at the same time the bluntness made me want to prove them wrong. And though it was a struggle at times I can say that since those days I went on to pass every one of my exams at School and College and went to on take 5 IT certifications an pass all of those as well. I also went onto work my way up from the bottom during my business life until the point where I am now working as a senior developer.

So what I'm trying to say in this case is if you are feeling low because of the something other people have said / done, use it as fuel to drive you forward. Channel that negative feeling into something positive and you will be the one laughing in the end.
10-17-2010, 11:07 PM
create a purpose.

Go volunteer for something and put something back into your community.

I volunteer for my local wildlife trust (Nature conservation group in the UK) and I get to go and stomp through woods checking nest boxes for dormice.
Its great fun, its something thats needed for habitat protection and the people are nice.

Find something similiar with dsomething that interests you.

There: a purpose.

Wraithchild666 reborn
I used to be normal like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee..
10-22-2010, 11:59 PM
To keep going so the people around you do not miss you. That is the purpose of everyone.

[center][Image: impy.jpg][/center]
[center]Grizzley8U and impactor only leaving to get the train since 2002[/center]
10-23-2010, 08:56 AM
To crush your enemies,
see them driven before you,
and to hear the lamentation of their women!

[Image: 269690-conan_thebarbarian_super.jpg]

[Image: newstreakersig11.jpg]
10-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Sunstreaker Wrote:To crush your enemies,
see them driven before you,
and to hear the lamentation of their women!

[Image: 269690-conan_thebarbarian_super.jpg]

Quoted for truth Smile

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V30tyaXv6EI">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V30tyaXv6EI</a><!-- m -->

Wraithchild666 reborn
I used to be normal like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee..