Saké Comments - I HATE exams

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I HATE exams
02-16-2011, 04:41 PM
I HATE exams
Last week I had the pleasure of sitting the ITIL V3 Foundation course. We did it as a 2 and a half days course, with quite a few Mock exams and homework. The exam for it was on the Friday afternoon.

I was literally "bricking" myself at the thought of an exam, and wasn't looking forward to it at all. Despite the fact that I passed all the Mocks, my confidence was rock-bottom.

Given that I'd not done anything like an exam in over 15 years I wasn't relaxed at all.

I attempted the exam, and walked out of the exam room after 5 minutes. That was after answering all the questions, and re-reading through my answers.

We were told we'd get the results in 10 days, which should have placed it as roughly next Wednesday, but they came in today.

I reluctantly logged in to see my result, and saw the magic word of "PASS". I was SO relieved to see that.

I'm not gonna say what score I got, but I didn't just pass, I got a few points over the pass mark.

The best part is that passing this gets my employer and the place I work at off my back, plus it's something else on my CV.

PhIll

360 MiniCons and counting.
[Image: serious.jpg]
Click the pic to visit my site.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2011, 08:33 AM
Re: I HATE exams
Congratulations Phill. I remember my first exams after college which were my IT certifications and I was bricking myself as well as I tend to always struggle in exams but I learnt if I came out feeling I did poor often that meant i did well. Its knowing everything comes down to those moments, its still horrifying. What I find worse is when you complete an exam really quickly, I find I go into panic mode and start re-reading everything several times over then I start second guessing myself as I figure I shouldn't have done it so fast. Though in the past any changes i make then i believe tend to be wrong.

MY last exam I did was in 2009 which was for the ZCE and I completed it really quickly and felt like something was wrong. Though I did feel like I had gotten the questions right, which it turned out I had.

Anyway, congratulations again on passing the exam, but does anyone actually find exams non-stressful?
Find all posts by this user
02-17-2011, 04:24 PM
great job philly PHILL!

[Image: Soldierx01.png]
02-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Well played Double 'L'!

Does this mean payrise?

[Image: newstreakersig11.jpg]
02-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Sunstreaker Wrote:Does this mean payrise?

You must be kidding.

Right now I'm STILL sitting at less pay now than I had as a temp back in 2002.

Unless you're specialized in something in IT nowadays, you're just totally undervalued. Add in that I'm essentially a permenant contractor at the place I work (9 different employers in roughly 7 years) and I'm getting paid peanuts.

Still it pays the bills and gives me some spending money.

Cheers all for the Congrats.

Phill

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
02-17-2011, 08:31 PM
The qualification thing can become addictive!

I'm thinking about either doing an MA or MSc through the Open University... or maybe another BA or BSc.

02-19-2011, 10:25 AM
Phill's qualification I understand and applaud, need it for job so go for it and congrats on passing but voluntary, that's precious anime/gaming time being used up there.
02-19-2011, 12:50 PM
thegreatdestroyer Wrote:Phill's qualification I understand and applaud, need it for job so go for it and congrats on passing but voluntary, that's precious anime/gaming time being used up there.

It wasn't exactly voluntary, and it was during work time. Only the homework dug into my time, and I did most of that on the bus to and from work.

My certificate turned up today, so I'd say it's an official pass now.

02-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Qualifications are getting more and more important now that everybody has them.

I had a student last year with 4 GCSE's at A* 6 at A and 1 B, and she only was turned down before interview at McDonalds.

Employers can really afford to be picky.