Saké Comments - Strength of techspecs/bios

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Strength of techspecs/bios
02-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Strength of techspecs/bios
The rubsign thread made me think about what often makes me buy a Transformert these days. There are always ones i'll purchase on the strength of the name such as Skullgrin, Straxus (Darkmount), Jazz, etc, but what makes me want to buy a newer character off the shelf. Obviously being an awesome toy helps, as does being in media (cartoon, movie, comic, etc), but the bios play a big part of it for me too.

Below are a couple of examples from recent memory:

(RTS) Chopsaw - Much like Meantime below, the pettiness of the character really appealed to me. The fact he doesn't really care about the ideals of the war and just wants to chop things up is pretty awesome.

(Real Gear) Meantime - on the surface of the toy he's just a half arsed plastic casio. The transformation is unremarkable and the poseability of the robot mode nothing to shout about.
What I loved was the mini bio though, where he has this time control power that seems to borderline on god-like, but he's so petty he just uses it to pull pranks and then rewind time to watch them ocver again.

Anyone else got any similar sttoies, where a techspec/bio has sold you on a toy that you might have otherwise passed on?

[Image: hamstarcustoms2.jpg]
HamStar Customs - Mighty Muggs, Vinyl & More.
Not currently accepting commissions, will update when open for orders again.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Re: Strength of techspecs/bios
I thought G1 Buzzsaw was just a cheap Lazerbeak until I read his tech spec:

Civil and sophisticated yet very cruel and destructive. Approaches his lethal tasks like a fine artist. Each deadly mission is like working on a new masterpiece. Can pinpoint and photograph a thumbtack from 20 miles away. Flies at 250mph. Carries twin mortar cannons. Diamond-hard, micro-serrated beak can carve up almost any opponent. Due to large ego, will often sulk rather than proceed if his plans go astray.

The bird is some sort of Hannibel Lector of the cons!

[Image: bsig20111.jpg]
Fact: Brawn isn't dead he's just been stamping on scalpers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply