Saké Comments - A little help, please

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A little help, please
06-24-2011, 11:43 AM
A little help, please
Right, so as I mentioned in the other thread, I recently got rotf Swerve to serve me as my Sideswipe to partner up with Rally Sideswipe (as Sunstreaker). Problem is, the socket in Swerve's head is either too loose or I just can't pop his head on properly (which is rather unlikely as it looks to be sat properly) because the damn thing jumps off whenever I turn it. I guess it's mold degradation at work here (although to my knowledge this mold had only three versions, Swerve being the second). Anyway, to the point - does any of you have any suggestion on what to do to keep it from popping off all the time?

EDIT: I found out that this was a rather common problem. Can't seem to find a fix for it though...anyone?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Re: A little help, please
Sandpaper it down a bit?

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
06-24-2011, 02:02 PM
I don't think sandpapering the ball would work - it isn't too large. The socket itself just doesn't hold it well enough. I'm attempting to fix it now by cutting off the bit of black plastic that limits the head movement and glueing it to the back of the socket (giving it the extra ridge that i feel is needed to keep the head on. We'll see how that works out.

EDIT: Worked a charm. He can't look up (nor could he before as the head would pop off or the black tab at the back of it would limit it), but he can look around without losing his head Smile
06-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Ball joints that are too loose can be fixed by painting them with clear nail varnish.

Wraithchild666 reborn
I used to be normal like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee..
06-24-2011, 11:15 PM
I know that trick - problem wasn't lack of friction that the nail polish/glue trick solves. The socket simply lacked a ridge that would keep the ball in place. As posted above though, I got the problem solved Smile