Saké Comments - Reveal the Shield Scouts......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reveal the Shield Scouts......
04-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Reveal the Shield Scouts......
Are causing a scalper feeding frenzy!!!

I went to Asda today to see if I could get any Windchargers as trading fodder. Scout area was picked clean of Windcharger, but I found a couple (4) on an Endcap display of "Pocket money toys."

A guy saw me with them in my basket and said that Windcharger was the one his son was looking for, and asked if he could have one. I told him I was buying them for friends, but his son then said that he wanted it. So I handed one over to his son. The guy then walked back to a trolley and put Windcharger in besides 7 other Windchargers and 4 Chopsaws.

I asked for the Windcharger back, and he told me to "Eff off" and that I was "Scalping scum." I'll point out that he actually swore, not the edited version I've put in, and was quite loud. Loud enough that other shoppers stopped and looked. But I couldn't believe the audacity of his accusation, without backing up why he had so many.

Was he worried that his son might break some of the ones he had.

As I walked away the guy was busy lifting a load of RtS Legends into his trolley too.

360 MiniCons and counting.
[Image: serious.jpg]
Click the pic to visit my site.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Re: Reveal the Shield Scouts......
Man i would have knocked the james blunt out if that was me!
Find all posts by this user
04-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Dubcustomz Wrote:Man i would have knocked the james blunt out if that was me!

6 years ago, so would I, but settling down (like becoming a parent) tends to mellow you out a little.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
04-09-2011, 02:11 PM
ahhhh the irony....

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
04-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Starscreams_Ghost Wrote:ahhhh the irony....

where's the like button?

[Image: hamstarcustoms2.jpg]
HamStar Customs - Mighty Muggs, Vinyl & More.
Not currently accepting commissions, will update when open for orders again.
04-09-2011, 07:17 PM
OMG thats awful.... i'll be the first to admit i have a windcharger MIP to sell at a later date but I would never do that sort of (insert expletive here).... geez well done for not lamping him mate

Prime! Look I'm HELPING!!! OW! how does a robot get choked in a headlock?!?!?! whoa...Prime....theres a huge hole in your chest....oops...
04-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Right now I intend to give one of my spare Windchargers to David Willis (Shortpacked writer/artist/creator) but I'm waiting to hear back from him. I've got a funny feeling even if he's already got one, he'll still take it though.

04-09-2011, 10:15 PM
What an absolute douchebag. Especially since he seems to be using his son to do it as well. :x

Despite the opportunistic scalpers that will sell these for ridiculous amounts of money and any others we may get over here, isn't it great not to be screwed over for a change? They might not be in abundance but they're certainly here.

Mint In Box Toy Reviews
04-09-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm debating whether it might be worth buying a couple to offer for trades for the US animated figures, seems like there could be a market for them. Doesn't feel as much like outright theft that way. What's a little sad is that mine is stashed away at the back of my classics shelf getting no love.

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]