Saké Comments - TakaraTomy step up in fight against unlicensed goods

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TakaraTomy step up in fight against unlicensed goods
04-11-2011, 10:37 AM
TakaraTomy step up in fight against unlicensed goods
Please use this thread to discuss the TakaraTomy step up in fight against unlicensed goods news story on the main site.

I a move which would make Hasbro happy, TakaraTomy have asked some Japanese resellers to stop  stocking 3rd Party Products (unlicenced items sold as Transformers).  One such retailer, Red Murcury, has cancelled all pre-orders of particular items after receving notification form TakaraTomy to stop selling 3rd party products due to copyright and trademark violations.

With the devasation caused by the Tsunami and both recent earthquakes in Japan, this move would help protect legitimate Japanese business, at a time that their country and economy needs it.
It will be interesting to see what other steps are taken.  Will TakaraTomy look to stop more items, what does this mean for the WonderFest (though they are all licenced goods) and will Hasbro start to try and stop US retailers from stock the non-official and unlicensed items (with the run up to Transformers: Dark of the Moon and it's impending increase on Transformers sales).

The following items appeared on TakaraTomy's list

Kup Head Set

SFX Scouting Force X - Camera Set

Primary School: Primars

Head Robots: Blood

Bee 01

CDMW-16

CDMW-17

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Re: TakaraTomy step up in fight against unlicensed goods
does this mean no kup heads?

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
04-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Starscreams_Ghost Wrote:does this mean no kup heads?

Hopefully IGear can still sell them to Western retailers, as it seems to be the Japanese retailers they're after right now, not the manufacturers.

However how long will it be before they go after them?

360 MiniCons and counting.
[Image: serious.jpg]
Click the pic to visit my site.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-11-2011, 03:12 PM
It's probably easier for Takara and Hasbro to try and shut down the retailers, rather than the companies themselves. Just threaten to take away their ability to stock any Has/Tak products.

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]