Saké Comments - How did YOU start?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did YOU start?
09-25-2011, 07:59 AM
Re: How did YOU start?
In the 80's it was the comic. I loved comics so much, Transformers, Secret wars and Spiderman/zoids.
A certain shockwave cover springs to mind too. from there it was toys and comics up to about issue 300, when most of the issue was just reprints from comics I still had earlier.
Stopped about then really.
Beast wars brought me back a little. The cartoon was so good I couldnt resist a few toys.

Then it all went wrong.

Epic Heroes did me in. I blame them. (before they priced all toys with an extra 0 at the end)

Transformers collection Jazz and Prowl. That started the reissues, that started everything that followed. Armada, Energon, BT's, all g1 reisues, ehobby, animated etc. I slowly learned that I dontwant all the toys and started selling off the worst of it (armada, energon). I even got a few movie toys from each until i realised the films were in fact junk, along with the toys and sold most of them off too. MP toys were also a habit, until QC issues mean they are not worth touching anymore.

Classics and a few reissues only for me now.

Oh, and this board is an interesting point too. I used to post here loads up to about 2007. The population boomed with the bay films and seemed to kill things off. Still try to see whats happening but its so quiet...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2011, 12:32 PM
Loosecannon Wrote:In the 80's it was the comic. I loved comics so much, Transformers, Secret wars and Spiderman/zoids.
A certain shockwave cover springs to mind too. from there it was toys and comics up to about issue 300, when most of the issue was just reprints from comics I still had earlier.
Stopped about then really.
Beast wars brought me back a little. The cartoon was so good I couldnt resist a few toys.

Then it all went wrong.

Epic Heroes did me in. I blame them. (before they priced all toys with an extra 0 at the end)

Transformers collection Jazz and Prowl. That started the reissues, that started everything that followed. Armada, Energon, BT's, all g1 reisues, ehobby, animated etc. I slowly learned that I dontwant all the toys and started selling off the worst of it (armada, energon). I even got a few movie toys from each until i realised the films were in fact junk, along with the toys and sold most of them off too. MP toys were also a habit, until QC issues mean they are not worth touching anymore.

Classics and a few reissues only for me now.

Oh, and this board is an interesting point too. I used to post here loads up to about 2007. The population boomed with the bay films and seemed to kill things off. Still try to see whats happening but its so quiet...

I know exactly what you mean LC. Really feeling what you're saying there.

When I had my 'Epic Haul' of G1 stuffs a few months ago, I had such a wave of nostalgia for Transformers... Really felt a little of the 'Old Magic', but that's kinda drip-drip-dripping away again.

[Image: newstreakersig11.jpg]
09-26-2011, 06:13 AM
I used to want to build on the G1 reissues... get the figures that I never had as a kid, but the problem is if it isnt a reissue, then it is probably from ebay.

Transformer prices on ebay are currently through the roof on most stuff that isn't reissued. Then there is also the fact that even though an ebay seller says "perfect condition, etc" they are usually far from it - leaving you massively dissapointed! I even went down the ko route for superion and menasor - £100 plus for each on ebay in okish condition. Both ko's for under £100.

Then you realise that classics are actually better toys and better representations!
09-26-2011, 06:28 AM
G1 for the win each and every time.

When I get the chance I'll start a few G1 threads on the General board - try and bring back a little of that G1 magic - maybe include some photo's of the stuff from my 'Epic Haul'.

[Image: newstreakersig11.jpg]