Saké Comments - Gen 1 Techspec discussion!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gen 1 Techspec discussion!
10-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Gen 1 Techspec discussion!
For those of you who never enjoyed Gen 1 - or for those who did but haven't thought about it in yeeeeaaarrrs - one of the things I feel that made Gen 1 so memorable was the quality of the descriptions of each toy - each character was a real character, with dimensions and flaws that made them interesting and compelling. I figured I'd post up a few and see if we couldn't get a discussion or two going about each character. To start with I figured I'd go with the obvious...

[Image: Autobot+Sunstreaker+Tech+Spec.jpeg]

Sunstreaker
"They can't beat the best."

The complete egotist, Sunstreaker thinks he is the most beautiful thing on Earth. Loves his sleek styling, contemptuous of other Autobot race cars (particularly his twin Sideswipe). Fires laser-guided ground-to-air rockets and high energy electron pulses at 300 bursts/sec. Tough polymer-steel skin resists artillery. Not a team player. Can be baited into dangerous situations, but is a very calm, competent, and ruthless war machine.
Strength - 5

Intelligence - 6

Speed - 7

Endurance - 8

Rank - 5

Courage - 7

Firepower - 7

Skill - 6

What do people think?

[Image: newstreakersig11.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2011, 04:42 PM
Re: Gen 1 Techspec discussion!
Thanks for chipping in Windy!

I'm pretty partial to the Terrorcons as well - loved their portrayal on the Gen1 Techspecs and the comics, although their cartoon appearances were much of a muchness for me.

The Gen 1 Techspecs for me really emphasised the difference between the 'Bots and the 'Cons - the idea of farmers and workers having to take up arms against physically and strategically superior opponents. The Autobot warriors always seemed gloriously out of place - almost like they were uncomfortable amongst the rest of the Autobots - I'm thinking 'Streaker, Sideswipe, Cliffjumper and Windcharger specifically.

11-30-2011, 09:31 PM
I cant help but second Windsweeper with that exact same example!! I remember reading that when I bought him and going nuts with excitement.

But yeah each character was an individual, they were unique and thats what each character so special and important. They werent just endless cash ins with new weapons (lol mostly).
You just dont see that level of care or creativity in todays toys do you?

See, the bright light... it ain't heaven, son. It's just a muzzle flare

[Image: gruff1.jpg]
11-30-2011, 09:32 PM
oh and BTW I still have an absolute tonne of those original G1 techspecs saved in a box along with loads from G2, Beast Wars/Machines

sorry for the double post

See, the bright light... it ain't heaven, son. It's just a muzzle flare

[Image: gruff1.jpg]
12-12-2011, 10:04 PM
I recently found a bag load when I was getting my loft boarded. Nice to have methinks!

I really think that Hasbro thining down the filecards for Joe this year has been a mark against the high quality of PoC and 30th.