Saké Comments - Marking threads as read

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Marking threads as read
01-05-2012, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2012 05:56 PM by thelastallosaur.)
Marking threads as read
I'm having a couple of issues with this on the new boards. If I go into a thread, then go back a page to the index, the thread will still be marked as unread until I go back again and back into it or refresh it. I'm also getting an error message when I try to mark the news index as all read.

I'm currently using Internet Explorer.

EDIT: The same seems to apply to thread and post count of a given forum, they won't update until I refresh.

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2012, 07:16 PM
RE: Marking threads as read
I've not really played with things much, but the best way I find to mark any threads you have read, as read, is to go into them and then click "Board Home" at the top.

360 MiniCons and counting.
[Image: serious.jpg]
Click the pic to visit my site.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-05-2012, 07:37 PM
I know, but it seems a bit awkward, just because I'm used to not having to.

01-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Quartz posting as Moonbug here.

When you say until you refresh do you literally have to refresh the page? If so then I suspect its to do with the caching on the server as I fiddled with it and I think its keeping the pages cached when its suppose to just cache the template layout

[Image: logo.jpg]
Transformers Resource
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-07-2012, 07:12 PM
(01-06-2012 08:41 PM)Moonbug Wrote:  Quartz posting as Moonbug here.

When you say until you refresh do you literally have to refresh the page? If so then I suspect its to do with the caching on the server as I fiddled with it and I think its keeping the pages cached when its suppose to just cache the template layout

Yeah, when I go into a thread then press back on the browser it loads the index as it was before I went into the respective thread/subforum. Pressing refresh gives me the updated index but its a bit of a faff trying to work out where I've been if I don't.