Saké Comments - 'Classics' Ironfist custom

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
'Classics' Ironfist custom
01-12-2012, 01:05 AM
'Classics' Ironfist custom
So I was browsing the sale in my local 'The Entertainer' the other day and I saw a few Revenge Of The Fallen figures had been slashed in price. Normally this wouldn't interest me as I don't care about the movie lines (apart from the decent homages), but something came to my memory.

One of the figures here was ROTF Brawn, and I remember one of you lovely folks (I cant remember who) saying you were going to use this guy as a substitute Ironfist. I just loved the character in 'Last Stand of the Wreckers' so for a few quid I thought i'd pick Brawn up.

He wasn't really doing it for me though. I saw how he could be Ironfist for sure, but he needed a push in the right direction. So I tried my first proper custom paintjob!

[Image: ironfist2.jpg]

I'm new to this, and i knew a general paintjob would just scratch off. But Brawn is something of a shellformer, a lot of his robot front isn't a part of his alt mode. So I thought if i just changed a few colours I might be able to get the Ironfist look without a total repaint.

[Image: ironfist1.jpg]

The Blue head was an obvious choice. I left the faceplate as is (i left the 'ears' too, just out of personal preference). I unscrewed the back of the head and took the light piping out, painting the eyes a light blue so they would stand out. Then i just decided to paint his chest gray, as he is mainly gray in the comics. The comic version and the original figure has bits of yellow/gold and green, so I thought it wouldn't be too bad if the rest was left alone. Now he has an Ironfist-y look, and can still be transformed without major paint scratching.

This is still kinda work in progress though. Any other little touches needed? im not able to do major stuff, certainly no remodeling, but a little tweak here or there is in my meagre powers! I'm open to suggestions, it was on this board i got the idea after all!

I used to just be a Nemesis.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2012, 09:58 AM
RE: 'Classics' Ironfist custom
One thigging me was his height: he is portrayed as shorter than some of the other bots in the comics, but this figure is tall. Last night after posting this i figured a way around that by mistransforming hs movie style 'chicken walker legs' he gets shorter, boxier, tougher looking legs which give him more of the Ironfist look and put him at the rough height of classics Bumblebee. I'll post pics tonight or tomorrow, after i've done a couple more alterations...

01-16-2012, 02:51 PM
RE: 'Classics' Ironfist custom
Finished now. Just added a few little details. I'm quite pleased with him, along with the height alteration it does now say 'Ironfist' to me

[Image: ironfist3.jpg]

[Image: ironfist4.jpg]

and here he is with some friends big and small
[Image: wreckers.jpg]