Saké Comments - Quality of plastic in Transformers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quality of plastic in Transformers
03-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Quality of plastic in Transformers
Hi GUYS.
Ive started this thread because I wanted to know what your thoughts were on the quality of plastic on The Transformers of the last 2 years, the reason being is that i have noticed a lot of my DOTM figures have a lot of stress marks on them and certain TF prime figures I have also have stress marks. I also compared the plastic from the first live action movie toys to the plastic on the DOTM toys and the plastic is much better quality on the first movie toys, and even ROTF has better plastic also. I guess you guys have noticed but its putting me off collecting, I dont know if I should keep collecting new figures coming out or focus on collecting things from past era's I have missed but want.

Cheers Dan/Scattershot24
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2012, 09:40 PM
RE: Quality of plastic in Transformers
It generally is cheaper and thinner plastic now than it used to be, also the toys are shinking.

The reason is that oil prices are going up, and that affects everything. Less and cheaper plastic equals a higher profit.

Compare a Prime Deluxe (2012) to a Classics Deluxe (2006) and you'll see how much things have changed in 6 years. The Classics Deluxe figure makes the Prime one look almost like a Basic figure or even a KO.

360 MiniCons and counting.
[Image: serious.jpg]
Click the pic to visit my site.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-22-2012, 09:29 AM
(03-19-2012 09:40 PM)Phill Wrote:  It generally is cheaper and thinner plastic now than it used to be, also the toys are shinking.

The reason is that oil prices are going up, and that affects everything. Less and cheaper plastic equals a higher profit.

Compare a Prime Deluxe (2012) to a Classics Deluxe (2006) and you'll see how much things have changed in 6 years. The Classics Deluxe figure makes the Prime one look almost like a Basic figure or even a KO.

I feel Hasbro's caught between a rock and a hard place, untill the world financial problems calm down do they reduce production costs or increase the price of the toys.

With the cost of living going up, im finding it harder to enjoy my hobby fully. so i know which choice i can live with Sad
03-31-2012, 02:55 PM
die cast construction.......... its a lost art Tongue

See, the bright light... it ain't heaven, son. It's just a muzzle flare

[Image: gruff1.jpg]
04-03-2012, 12:28 PM
As part of my downsizing I've been going through all my collection and opened the TFC Blaster, you can genuinely tell the difference in plastic between Steeljaw in this release and in the more recent encore release.

It also makes the decision to buy KO a more reasonable one when the plastic quality is now so similar, at least on the high end KO's compared to Encore.