Saké Comments - Squirtle-Con 2011 Report

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Squirtle-Con 2011 Report
11-27-2011, 01:52 PM
Squirtle-Con 2011 Report
Please use this thread to discuss the Squirtle-Con 2011 Report news story on the main site.

The geek-fan event known as "Squirtle-con 2011" took place yesterday in the Cambridge area of England.  The one-day fan event featured your usual convention activities such as toy trading, a video games area, episode screening, social discussions and lots of food and drink.  The event also saw two exclusives per attendee that went down a storm with everyone in attendance.
When trading slowed down at the event most of the attendees could be found popping to a local Tesco's store to pick up more items.  My brother himself picked up most of the Thundercats 2011 figures in a mad collecting spread.
Final attendee figures are still be collated, but the event was universally deemed a huge success with representatives from the UKs two biggest fan sites Transformers At The Moon and Full Metal Hero both strongly supporting the event.
Pictures from the event till no doubt be doing the rounds on Facebook (other social media sites are also available).  You can read about the hauls of some of the attendees on our [url=/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=173&p=22857#p22857]message board[/url].
I'd like to thank the organisers and attendees for a great event and I look forward to the next one

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply