Saké Comments - First mage of US Masterpiece Rodimus Prime

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First mage of US Masterpiece Rodimus Prime
05-31-2011, 07:54 PM
First mage of US Masterpiece Rodimus Prime
Please use this thread to discuss the First mage of US Masterpiece Rodimus Prime news story on the main site.

Toycollectors.com.au have posted the first image of the Hasbro release of Masterpiece Rodimus Prime. The
toy comes packaged in robot mode, is recoloured and comes with an exclusive Targetmaster figure.  The trailer for the toy is not shown, which is interesting considering that he his marked up as Rodimus Prime and not Hot Rod.  The image also confirms what was long expected, that the toy will be a Toys R Us exclusive.
[img]/img/news/201105/thumb-masterpiece-rodimus-prime.jpg[/img]

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2011, 10:00 PM
Re: First mage of US Masterpiece Rodimus Prime
TFATM Wrote:The trailer for the toy is not shown, which is interesting considering that he his marked up as Rodimus Prime and not Hot Rod.

I'd guess that he doesn't have the trailer, and he's just being referred to as Rodimus Prime because Hasbro doesn't have a trademark for Hot Rod.

Don't really like the colours on this one to be honest, so if I ever do get a version of this guy it'll probably be a japanese one, though it's more likely I won't get either.

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]
06-01-2011, 05:45 PM
I see myself getting a couple and continuing my fund raising to get a couple of the Takara ones to. Damn my OCD MP collecting.

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
06-01-2011, 07:29 PM
KingGrimlock Wrote:I see myself getting a couple and continuing my fund raising to get a couple of the Takara ones to. Damn my OCD MP collecting.

That is one expensive OCD to have! does it include all versions? if so you must lots of MP jets!

Wraithchild666 reborn
I used to be normal like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee..
06-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Smellyferret Wrote:
KingGrimlock Wrote:I see myself getting a couple and continuing my fund raising to get a couple of the Takara ones to. Damn my OCD MP collecting.

That is one expensive OCD to have! does it include all versions? if so you must lots of MP jets!

Only 5 so far (well, techincally 6) 1 each of the Hasbro and Takara releases of Screamer and Skywarp and 1 Ghost Starscream which I want shot of. I'm tempted to ditch the additional one and get the iGear coneheads though. 2 Grimmys, 2 Megs (roll on the upgrade kit), 1 Prime (Roll on MP10) round out the lot so far. Trying to find reasonably priced boxed Thundercrackers is a nightmare.

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]