Universe (Classics)
Split (Please explain)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Movie or Classics?
05-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Movie or Classics?
I'm considering a major re-arrangement of my Transformer shelves, but were wondering how other's here would class the exclusive toys?

I'm meaning the 7 Wal Mart figures of - Big Daddy, Jolt, Divebomb, Grindcore, Crankcase, Breakaway and Fracture. Also the 4 Toys R us ones of Mudflap, Inferno, WingBlade and Jetstorm.

All of them were originally meant to be Universe toys, but as retailers demanded more Movie toys, they were placed into that continuity.
Given some of the stylings I'd prefer to put them in with Universe/Classics, but as I said I'd like to hear what other's think.

Phill

360 MiniCons and counting.
[Image: serious.jpg]
Click the pic to visit my site.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Re: Movie or Classics?
In the Movie line I would put the ones that bare little or no resemblence to their G1 selves, or any G1 character for that matter ie I'm always inclind to call Mudflap Erector and stick him in with the Autobots. But the likes of Big Daddy and Crankcase who are quite a good likeness I would go Classic, which I always consider to be a G1 only line. The only exception would probably be Fracture who fits much nicer in with the Classics.

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
Find all posts by this user
05-11-2009, 06:38 PM
I only have Fracture and Big Daddy.

Fracture has been displayed with my Classics from the start. Big Daddy is with the Movie Autobots currently, but once ROTF toys are released he with join the Alternators i have on the not really bothered shelf.
05-12-2009, 01:06 AM
I dont really display my stuff by line but by year group so naturally my stuff will all go into the 2009 line up

See, the bright light... it ain't heaven, son. It's just a muzzle flare

[Image: gruff1.jpg]
05-12-2009, 01:30 PM
KingGrimlock Wrote:In the Movie line I would put the ones that bare little or no resemblence to their G1 selves, or any G1 character for that matter ie I'm always inclind to call Mudflap Erector and stick him in with the Autobots. But the likes of Big Daddy and Crankcase who are quite a good likeness I would go Classic, which I always consider to be a G1 only line. The only exception would probably be Fracture who fits much nicer in with the Classics.
100% agree. :ugeek:
05-12-2009, 02:30 PM
I do tend to keep my figures together by line so with me they are all movie. If they are released under a line I believe they should be kept under a line......but thats just me!

[Image: phantomfish2.jpg]
06-16-2009, 08:13 AM
Given that I'm off next week, and plan to re-arange my shelves a little at a time, I've started already.

So far Mudflap, Big Daddy, Jolt, Divebomb, Grindcore, Crankcase, Breakaway and Fracture have been moved to the Classics/Universe shelves. They're joined by Aveo Swerve in Red and Yellow.

Movie Inferno has been moved to a temporary Armada shelf.

Movie WingBlade and Jetstorm are still on the Movie Shelves, but will be moved to the Cybertron ones.

Phill

360 MiniCons and counting.
[Image: serious.jpg]
Click the pic to visit my site.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Will u come do mine next? :lol:

I tried like 3 weeks ago.Not enough room for this but for that yes.I gaveup on puttung them in series order.But you....."YOU CAN DO IT"!