Saké Comments - How to get the Unreleased Movie 1 Scouts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get the Unreleased Movie 1 Scouts
05-02-2010, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2012 06:31 PM by Phill.)
How to get the Unreleased Movie 1 Scouts
Although people on here haven't been asking, I've told enough people on other sites about this, and thought I'd share it here.

I've recently bought the 3 Unreleased Movie Scouts from the 1st Movie (Backtrack, Reverb and Gunbarrel)

Here's the URLs of the 3 figures;

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_detail-0db2-50447431c529670c42e7a86e3095bf7b.htm">http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_det ... 95bf7b.htm</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_detail-0db2-4b7286035a5080b507c4c083d5eead11.htm">http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_det ... eead11.htm</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_detail-0db2-402f4469db3dda8d396a37887af2ad77.htm">http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_det ... f2ad77.htm</a><!-- m -->

All I did was to go to <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://myobook.net/">http://myobook.net/</a><!-- m --> I clicked on the email link, and asked for a quote in US $ for the price of the 3 items shown in the URLs and S&H to the UK. They had a quote for me avaliable by the next morning, which is fully detailed, with extra options avaliable to change things such as shipping cost and insurance.

Apparently they recieve the item on your behalf and check it. They then send it onto the address you supply at the time of PayPal payment.

That site has had lots of positive feedback from people who have used it, I got my shipping notification on Thursday(For them leaving China) but it didn't update till Saturday. I also got a $8 S&H rebate from them, so I got the 3 figures for a total of $41.12, which works out at about £26.90, not bad for 3 as yet unreleased figures.
I have been told that the supplier is looking to slightly raise the price because of the demand for them.

Phill

360 MiniCons and counting.
[Image: serious.jpg]
Click the pic to visit my site.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Re: How to get the Unreleased Movie 1 Scouts
looks like you picked up some super bargains there. reverb looks kinda sweet.

[Image: images-1.jpg]

IM NOT MAD, IM LOVEABLE!!
Find all posts by this user
05-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Dang they are tempting. GOing to keep them sealed Phill?

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
05-02-2010, 11:02 PM
KingGrimlock Wrote:Dang they are tempting. GOing to keep them sealed Phill?

Course not!

Just not sure where to put them.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
05-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Nice!

I've tried looking on taobao before but I find it hard to narrow down selections of what I'm looking at. Any tips?

Wraithchild666 reborn
I used to be normal like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee..
05-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Smellyferret Wrote:Nice!

I've tried looking on taobao before but I find it hard to narrow down selections of what I'm looking at. Any tips?

Most of the searches can be performed in English,as the sellers tend to copy the names on the boxes. They don't always know what they're copying, but it helps foreigners to find stuff.

The Agents help you to find out if the seller actually has the item in stock or not. Taobao is free to list on, and many sellers leave items listed even if they don't have them.

When I contacted the agent about the scouts they spoke to the seller and told me that they had many boxes of each one in stock, with easy access to more.

The Agents all have different costs for procuring items, the one I used charged $2.50 per item, plus PayPal fees and P&P.

05-04-2010, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the info Phil. I'm currently giving it a go. I've got a quotation in HK$ at the moment (which means nothing to me) so I'm trying to obtain one in USD$ instead.

I really want the items but a lot of the info they give you is confusing. Did you find it relatively straightforward?

[Image: phantomfish2.jpg]
05-04-2010, 01:31 PM
As I said in my post, I asked for the quote in US $. I asked for it in that format as I knew they'd not be that "up" on UK £.

Although I was sent a spreadsheet with LOADS of possible options on it, I went for the cheapest tracked option for the package, and once I'd agreed on the quote it was just a case of submitting payment via a link on their site.

They've kept me notified about when they recieved them, and the tracking code once they'd sent them on.

Still waiting on them, as their last package update was officially on the 3rd, but I got an email late on the 2nd, saying it had been dispatched from the airport.

05-04-2010, 02:13 PM
I've got the spreadsheet quote from them and had some emails back and forth from them confirming that payment in HK$ is better as any conversion to any other currency costs you more as you are liable for all conversion charges on top. I'm happy with the quote of $360 HK which equates to about £30. I just have no idea how I make payment in HK$ through paypal. Any ideas anyone?

05-04-2010, 06:15 PM
phantomfish Wrote:I've got the spreadsheet quote from them and had some emails back and forth from them confirming that payment in HK$ is better as any conversion to any other currency costs you more as you are liable for all conversion charges on top. I'm happy with the quote of $360 HK which equates to about £30. I just have no idea how I make payment in HK$ through paypal. Any ideas anyone?

Realistically they'd have to send you an Invoice in HK $, failing that their PayPal address should be on the Excel Invoice. From that you can sign into PayPal and send the money as a Gift, and select HK $ from the drop down list saying what currency to send in.

Hope this helps.

05-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Yes it did help thanks.

I have made my order now and hopefully everything goes through smoothly. I'm really looking forward to obtaining Reverb as it does look a pretty sweet repaint.

05-10-2010, 09:42 AM
After the figures being stuck in Beijing Airport for a week, they finally left on Friday and have reached the UK. Hopefully I'll get them this week.

05-10-2010, 11:19 PM
hmmm The stuff I want is the test-shot and prototype stuff, not so easy to find!

Wraithchild666 reborn
05-11-2010, 05:23 AM
Smellyferret Wrote:hmmm The stuff I want is the test-shot and prototype stuff, not so easy to find!

Used to be easier, until people started seeing $$$ instead of the collectibility factor.

I'm happy with my unreleased Universe Drench and Universe Space Team Minicons (Were meant to come with Spacewarp).

05-11-2010, 06:22 PM
I got a test shot Aveo/swerve. At the time I bought it as an investment or to sell on, but now he is one of my favourite TF's and I'm a hardcore G1/Diaclone fan!!

I also feel that spending about £30-40 on any single TF is too much (with a few exceptions) which means my collecting has slowed up a bit over the last 2 years!

Wraithchild666 reborn