Saké Comments - Who's going to Auto Assembly 2010?

Poll: Who's going to Auto Assembly 2010?
This poll is closed.
I am! I'll post so people know. 57.14% 8 57.14%
I'm not. Wish I could. 42.86% 6 42.86%
Total 14 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who's going to Auto Assembly 2010?
05-27-2010, 06:59 PM
Who's going to Auto Assembly 2010?
So since nobody's put anything like this up I thought I might.

So who's going?

I've managed to get tickets so I'm going with my dad. Big Grin

[Image: highram1copy-1.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Re: Who's going to Auto Assembly 2010?
I'll be there from Friday to Monday, probably on the Kapow! stall for a fair bit of time, hopefully in the script reading again. Come and say hi!

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
Find all posts by this user
05-28-2010, 08:17 AM
hey! where's the third option of " I'm not and I don't care?"

not that that's how I feel but it would be interesting to see how many people actually don't want to go, don't you think?

personally I'd like to go but I can't afford it with the overnight stay and it's just too damn expensive to go for one day just to buy toys

as I only ever go to these things for the toys and to hook up with friends not to meet any guest stars so thats a big factor in my budgetary plans.

If someone was to organise a con that was just dealers selling eighties toys rather than shelling out stupid money for people who only drive up the cost of tickets to everyone going then I'd be all over it.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
05-28-2010, 08:26 AM
I'm going for 1 day. Any longer than that at any convention and I think i'd die. Plus it's too expensive for the whole weekend + accomodation + food + toys etc. Looking forward to it though.

[Image: hamstarcustoms2.jpg]
HamStar Customs - Mighty Muggs, Vinyl & More.
Not currently accepting commissions, will update when open for orders again.
05-28-2010, 11:38 AM
What with a lack of money this year and all the mess with the airline companies I just can't justify it this year. Was a difficult descision, but I'm probably not going this year. Hope those that can go have a good time.

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]
05-31-2010, 12:02 AM
I'm going, really should have been saving money for AA instead of spending it at the London Expo but never mind.
05-31-2010, 01:57 AM
Option 3. lol!!

Too much money, I only really collect G1/diaclone stuff and then only stuff I like or recolours / ehobby etc and there just are not enough releases to warrent a long drive and then a 'bit of shopping', I'm not that bothered in the trivia and the guests lol.

Wraithchild666 reborn
I used to be normal like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee..
05-31-2010, 10:39 AM
Once again, I can't make it this year. Money is too tight again!

Hopefully my girlfriend won't go galavanting across the UK next year to see the WWF and will leave us with spare money to get to Auto Assembly.

Phill

360 MiniCons and counting.
[Image: serious.jpg]
Click the pic to visit my site.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
07-13-2010, 08:03 PM
We will be there, going a Japanese Exclusive G1 display this year (with a few extra bits thrown in).
2 Sleep Mode Convoy's for sale, £250 each, and we're around for a chin wag over all three days

[Image: logo.jpg]
Transformers Resource
07-13-2010, 10:22 PM
Any idea if Kapow will be selling the figures they advertise as released in August?
07-13-2010, 10:34 PM
dalisprime Wrote:Any idea if Kapow will be selling the figures they advertise as released in August?

They'll be selling the latest stock they have in. Are you subscribed to the mailing list? Best way to keep up to date. I'll be working on there so come and say hi!

07-14-2010, 12:53 AM
KingGrimlock Wrote:
dalisprime Wrote:Any idea if Kapow will be selling the figures they advertise as released in August?

They'll be selling the latest stock they have in. Are you subscribed to the mailing list? Best way to keep up to date. I'll be working on there so come and say hi!

Wish I could Sad finances are limited for the time being - pre-ordered what I wanted anyway so now all I can do is wait for August to come. As for my question, I was just being curious.
07-14-2010, 07:37 PM
i will be there with my usual vigour and blood alcohol levels keeping an eye out for any jumpstarters that are going cheap Wink

[center][Image: impy.jpg][/center]
[center]Grizzley8U and impactor drinking places dry since 2002[/center]
07-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Moonbug Wrote:We will be there, going a Japanese Exclusive G1 display this year (with a few extra bits thrown in).
2 Sleep Mode Convoy's for sale, £250 each, and we're around for a chin wag over all three days

CHIN WAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be there to wander around and grumble about the state of toys these days.

[Image: hamstarcustoms2.jpg]
HamStar Customs - Mighty Muggs, Vinyl & More.
Not currently accepting commissions, will update when open for orders again.
07-19-2010, 09:46 PM
BillForster Wrote:Ooo! Ooo! I'll be there! I'll be there!

Looking forward to meeting you, shaking you warmly by the hand and buying you (and Jim) a pint for producing 2 of the best pieces of Transformers fiction in the past couple of years. Thank you!

Thread Closed